Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Mamarazzi

Ultimate Grand Supreme '12
Cheer Parent
Mar 16, 2011
Dear Coach,

We are making final preparations for this weekend’s event, and we are looking forward to seeing all of you very soon.

The health and well-being of our athletes, coaches, spectators and staff is a top priority for us. With the recent concerns about Ebola, we want to let you know that we have been closely monitoring the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and its partners to keep everyone safe.

Based on the CDC’s recommendations, USA Cheer has released a set of precautionary measures for cheerleading and dance events. We will be implementing these measures this weekend, including increasing our regular schedule of sanitizing the competition mats and providing antibacterial hand wash. Our staff will be taking additional safety measures as well, including wearing gloves and masks, as needed. You can review the complete recommendations here: Health Advisory: Communicable Diseases - CheerSafe: Cheerleading safety resources for coaches, athletes, parents, administrators and media

If you or any of your athletes, other coaches or parents has recently had a fever greater than 100° F, we kindly ask that you do not attend our events. We have communicated the same message to our staff as an additional precaution.

Again, we look forward to a safe and exciting event this weekend!

CHEERSPORT

The only thing I'll say is if they get anywhere near as many calls about Ebola as I have been at the studio... I can see why this notice is needed.

The amount of people that mix us up with a company of the same name that holds dance competitions (we are a dance studio, so dance is in our name, so I sort of get the confusion, but come on... Once we say that's not us, let it go!) is crazy. And at least once a day it's someone yelling that they can't believe we're still holding our competitions with the Ebola "epidemic" sweeping the US. :rolleyes:

And that's people who have the wrong number... I can only imagine the amount of ridiculousness plaguing actual competition companies.

I'm much more worried about the nonsense epidemic sweeping the US...

But...but... NBC Nightly news said just tonight that there weren't any more active EBola cases in the US.

Yeah, I hope folks are half as concerned about the FLU and getting their children flu shots.

Your kid is more likely to contract flu from a comp and die than she is to die from Ebola.

But shots and vaccines cause autism, don't you know? :rolleyes:

Sometimes I hope this Ebola virus miraculously mutates and takes out all the stupid people who spread this nonsensical BS.

ETA: I can't wait til we see bedazzled face masks for the competition floor.

Dear Coach,

We are making final preparations for this weekend’s event, and we are looking forward to seeing all of you very soon.

The health and well-being of our athletes, coaches, spectators and staff is a top priority for us. With the recent concerns about Ebola, we want to let you know that we have been closely monitoring the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and its partners to keep everyone safe.

Based on the CDC’s recommendations, USA Cheer has released a set of precautionary measures for cheerleading and dance events. We will be implementing these measures this weekend, including increasing our regular schedule of sanitizing the competition mats and providing antibacterial hand wash. Our staff will be taking additional safety measures as well, including wearing gloves and masks, as needed. You can review the complete recommendations here: Health Advisory: Communicable Diseases - CheerSafe: Cheerleading safety resources for coaches, athletes, parents, administrators and media

If you or any of your athletes, other coaches or parents has recently had a fever greater than 100° F, we kindly ask that you do not attend our events. We have communicated the same message to our staff as an additional precaution.

Again, we look forward to a safe and exciting event this weekend!

CHEERSPORT
You had me thinking "cheerbola" was a real disease for a second.

Can you imagine, though?

Symptoms:

-Coughing up glitter
-Crying rhinestone tears
-Sweating spray tan
-Spontaneous hair whipping

Last edited:
Can you believe the non vaccine community is a bit ridic. Not only do they think that vaccines cause autism etc. But that it also causes t1 diabetes. Ya...the flu shot I got 2 years ago caused my pancreas to decide to kick the bucket. OH and they also don't believe in insulin shots..lol ya..just not gonna give myself insulin so I can die...face palm

So does Kraft Mac n Cheese! That's what some lady told my mom at a Christmas party one year: my brother has autism because she fed us Kraft Mac n Cheese as kids. No joke.
Well, to be fair, processed foods have a lots of toxins. Not saying the lady was right.

That reminds me, have you seen the video of the lady claiming that Monster is a Satanic drink?

You had me thinking "cheerbola" was a real disease for a second.

Can you imagine, though?

Symptoms:

-Coughing up glitter
-Crying rhinestone tears
-Sweating spray tan
-Spontaneous hair whipping

Yep, sounds like a @Mamarazzi sickness to me (hair whipping would require extensions or clip-on curls, but I can see it happening)

Back