All-Star Cheerleading With Type 1 Diabetes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have a 7 yr old that has the insulin pump. She tapes the entire tube to her body and her mom actually found someone to make a cute insulin pump bag with our colors to match her uniform. We check her before and after practice if needed and especially during the summer. She is the cutest thing ever too..hasn't stopped her at all!

This is a little off topic but, what do gyms with athlete with seizure disorders do? I have my first athlete with a seizure disorder, extremely severe, she wears a necklace on her neck all the time, but I wouldn't know what to do for a competition because that is clearly illegal.

I've had 3 athletes with diabetes, they were probably 3 of the strongest I've ever had. So determined and dedicated, its awesome! One of them elected not to use the pump during her second year on one of my teams, and now just gives herself injections. I imagine that becomes difficult to remember, but she preferred it because it was hard to fly with and like lakerfantic said, the site ripped out constantly.

This is a little off topic but, what do gyms with athlete with seizure disorders do? I have my first athlete with a seizure disorder, extremely severe, she wears a necklace on her neck all the time, but I wouldn't know what to do for a competition because that is clearly illegal.

Medical alert bracelets/necklaces are not illegal. But she should tape it down during a routine.

jenee a few years back...:) she has since moved to Cali Allstars...is on Smoed...full steam ahead...these kids who battle this disease everyday are my heros!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab3HmoF2Q3I

You and your daughter are so inspirational!

Does her necklace have a medical tag on it? Because a girl who I used to cheer with at school had a nut allergy and had to wear her tag at all times so she taped it to her skin on her stomach (we had full tops) when we competed.

You and your daughter are so inspirational!

Does her necklace have a medical tag on it? Because a girl who I used to cheer with at school had a nut allergy and had to wear her tag at all times so she taped it to her skin on her stomach (we had full tops) when we competed.

THEY HAVE TEMPORARY TATTOOS...JENEE HAS DIABETIC ONES...THEY ARE PERFECT!!!!

Medical alert bracelets/necklaces are not illegal. But she should tape it down during a routine.
Thank you! At a competition last year, I observed a official telling a girl with a med bracelet that should could not take it on the floor, but I think that was just a fluke- it was a small local competition, a little sketchy. Anyway, thank you for clarifying!

It does indeed, it sticks off the back of the neckalace, great idea!

Thank you! At a competition last year, I observed a official telling a girl with a med bracelet that should could not take it on the floor, but I think that was just a fluke- it was a small local competition, a little sketchy. Anyway, thank you for clarifying!

It does indeed, it sticks off the back of the neckalace, great idea!

Laurenshope.com they have tattoos...:)

I love hearing stories about these brave and amazing kids!
My daughter has a rare blood disorder, that causes her to have uncontrollably pain, low red blood cells and constant trips to the hospital for blood transfusion and IV meds, but she has never let it stop her for living her dreams! No matter how much pain she is in or how many times she has to be stuck, she is the most polite kid and always has a smile! She is my hero! She keeps me grounded..all of these kids who deal with any type of medical disorder are so amazing & are the everyday heroes!:)

Back