All-Star Cheerleading With Type 1 Diabetes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

zxcv.jpg

My site is a little bit different than @TwistersOwnTheThrone<3 i also used her idea for the rhinestone! :) I love it! You can also see my purple pump, in the picture. the pink part of the site is what detaches for practices, and comps.

My cp has the medronic pump also, but uses a different site. She uses the quickset. Would you know what the difference is between yours ( mio) & the quickset? I ask because I don't believe the quickset comes in colors ;)

My cp has the medronic pump also, but uses a different site. She uses the quickset. Would you know what the difference is between yours ( mio) & the quickset? I ask because I don't believe the quickset comes in colors ;)

I think the quickset has the "quikserter" and the quikserter inserts the site, and is a completely different piece (i think?), the mio that i use, all comes in one piece, and can only be used once. So the needle, and inserter is all in a whole piece (i call it an orb, because thats kind of what it looks like.)
00hgvj1.jpg

thats what the whole piece looks like before it has been unwrapped, and prepped for insertion. This one is pink, so the part of the tubing that attaches to the site is pink. If it was blue, it would be blue, if it was clear, it would be clear. lol All the tubing comes inside the mio, and you can get different lengths of tubing.

This is a little off topic but, what do gyms with athlete with seizure disorders do? I have my first athlete with a seizure disorder, extremely severe, she wears a necklace on her neck all the time, but I wouldn't know what to do for a competition because that is clearly illegal.

im an epileptic have been for 4 or 5 years now been cheering 6 since then i have constantly been educating my coaches and teammates on what to do in case i do have a seizure, i also have it written down on a paper that stays in the coaches bag the severity of my condition as well as the medications i take, i also wear my bracelet when we work on tumbling and jumps, as for competitions i take my bracelet off in the gym and hand it to my coaches for them to hold until im done performing i then put it on where it stays the rest of the day my first gym was also strict with buddies (granted that was when i was on junior 3)

im an epileptic have been for 4 or 5 years now been cheering 6 since then i have constantly been educating my coaches and teammates on what to do in case i do have a seizure, i also have it written down on a paper that stays in the coaches bag the severity of my condition as well as the medications i take, i also wear my bracelet when we work on tumbling and jumps, as for competitions i take my bracelet off in the gym and hand it to my coaches for them to hold until im done performing i then put it on where it stays the rest of the day my first gym was also strict with buddies (granted that was when i was on junior 3)

ssccxnce, you are not alone!! Please visit the Cheer for a Cause website at this link to read more about your Cheer World family - others who cheer and compete with seizure disorders. The story about David Ranck is particularly inspiring. http://cheerforacause.org/index.php...2&action=sub&sectionid=28817&offset_Section=0

Back