Cheerleading With Type 1 Diabetes

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by thatgirlisfierce, May 10, 2011.

1. CharlieCheers

CharlieCheers I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    ImJessiChambers
    Mine is purple too! :) And i see you've gotten colors and rinestones :)

2. ascheerfan

ascheerfan They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My cp has the medronic pump also, but uses a different site. She uses the quickset. Would you know what the difference is between yours ( mio) & the quickset? I ask because I don't believe the quickset comes in colors ;)

3. SamanthaFoor

SamanthaFoor Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    SamanthaFoor
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I think the quickset has the "quikserter" and the quikserter inserts the site, and is a completely different piece (i think?), the mio that i use, all comes in one piece, and can only be used once. So the needle, and inserter is all in a whole piece (i call it an orb, because thats kind of what it looks like.)
    [​IMG]

thats what the whole piece looks like before it has been unwrapped, and prepped for insertion. This one is pink, so the part of the tubing that attaches to the site is pink. If it was blue, it would be blue, if it was clear, it would be clear. lol All the tubing comes inside the mio, and you can get different lengths of tubing.

4. ascheerfan

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Thank you for the info, you did such a great job explaining!

5. ascheerfan

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    SRF4, my FIRST shimmy!!!!! I am THRILLED!!! THANK YOU!!!

6. ssccxnce

ssccxnce Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    im an epileptic have been for 4 or 5 years now been cheering 6 since then i have constantly been educating my coaches and teammates on what to do in case i do have a seizure, i also have it written down on a paper that stays in the coaches bag the severity of my condition as well as the medications i take, i also wear my bracelet when we work on tumbling and jumps, as for competitions i take my bracelet off in the gym and hand it to my coaches for them to hold until im done performing i then put it on where it stays the rest of the day my first gym was also strict with buddies (granted that was when i was on junior 3)

7. CoachJulie

CoachJulie They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    ssccxnce, you are not alone!! Please visit the Cheer for a Cause website at this link to read more about your Cheer World family - others who cheer and compete with seizure disorders. The story about David Ranck is particularly inspiring. http://cheerforacause.org/index.php...2&action=sub&sectionid=28817&offset_Section=0