All-Star Cheerleading With Type 1 Diabetes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have type 1, I was diegnosed 2 years ago right before a competition. It's a struggle, especially with cheering. A 'site' is a stickey white thing that hooks on to your stomach, a tube; about an inch thick, goes inside and sits in the inistiual fluid. Another tube, connecting my insulin pump to a needle, pumps the insulin through me. I will post a picture.

set

I have the animus one touch ping, been pumping for almost 3 years. Mine come in pink, green, purple, blue, teal, grey, yellow, orange, and black. I put the rinestones on the part that in the picture is pink. So i can plug in and out easily.

This is a little off topic but, what do gyms with athlete with seizure disorders do? I have my first athlete with a seizure disorder, extremely severe, she wears a necklace on her neck all the time, but I wouldn't know what to do for a competition because that is clearly illegal.

I have epilepsy and I used to to just give my medical alert bracelet to my coach during practice and competitions. If something ever happened he would always be there with the bracelet to give it to the paramedics. Never had an issue luckily!

My doctor uses medtronic, so i use the mio infusion sets, and it all comes in one little orb type thing, to insert it with. haha.

Back