All-Star Cheerleading worlds day 2 updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ariel said:
These are humans, not robots. PLEASE give me an example of a team, that has NEVER dropped, busted or had any kind of mistake all year long. I would love to know their secrets.

The only thing people remember is worlds , so let's keep that into consoderation.

And for everyone else that is trying to cover pointless issues , I really don't wanna write back because people only believe what they want on here , no one is open to anything new ...
soo bye !

So are you saying that you agree with stars should have recieved sevens and other teams shouldn't have made finals that deserved it ?

Did you see the "7s" on the score sheets?

--no one isn't willing to accept facts or anything new. I think people are tying to keep this discussion in the facts. Plenty of people (none of which are judges or coaches as far as I can tell) have said that a routine has to hit perfect in order to win. The FACT is that the scoresheet does not have a column that says "hit perfect". It has lots of areas that are combined for a total overall score.

SharkDad said:

--no one isn't willing to accept facts or anything new. I think people are tying to keep this discussion in the facts. Plenty of people (none of which are judges or coaches as far as I can tell) have said that a routine has to hit perfect in order to win. The FACT is that the scoresheet does not have a column that says "hit perfect". It has lots of areas that are combined for a total overall score.

Cool ?

Even taking out Shooting Stars violation from Day 1 and putting that back into their score, everyone kept saying how big of a difference the score was between them and Senior Elite... obviously their raw score is still going to be high and then take that deduction. I'm not sure why some people are so baffled.

If you wanted everyone to hit the stunt every time they're asked in a routine and not take any risks whatsoever, cheerleading wouldn't be very exciting. We'd see a lot of straight up stunts, and boring pyramids. People make mistakes.

And this isn't football or baseball, the good teams stay good every year, they don't trade players and make bids and offers. And it's not like the teams that didn't make it to Day 2 at Worlds beat the top 3 teams all year long and got to Worlds and placed this way because of their names. The coaches know what will get their teams there, and take them there every year.

Done ranting...

Congrats to everyone at Worlds! So exciting to be a part of something that big! Representing the competition company that sent you there and the gyms you cheer at, you are the image of cheerleading. 1st or 60th or anywhere in between, you were the best of the best in order to get there, hold your heads high, you made it to WORLDS!

Yes..

The simple fact is that there were teams that were scored low in categories that are on the score sheet. Some of the scores were in categories where they can be subjective, i.e. dance. However i know that WC was scored low in categories that were not subjective, i.e. tumbling. The elements in the stars tumbling does not put them in a level 3/4 tumbling where scores of 7 & 8's would have put them. One omission does not drop them from 9's and 10's in this category.

The Worlds scoresheets are purposely "skewed" so that there is more range between "really difficult" and "really, really difficult". The range for majority level 5 tumbling is 5-10. A team could easily have majority level 5 skills like doubles, and get 6-7. That would put them towards the middle of the Level 5 range. Level 4 tumbling drops you potentially down to 3. Level 3 takes you down to 1. There is no score for L1 or L2.

Teams must remember that the Worlds scoresheet is NOT like a regular event's. The scaling has to be MUCH different to account for the fact that they are primarily trying to differentiate between elite teams.

Like both CEA and WC about the same. Enjoy watching both teams compete. Congrats to CEA but the defending champion should not lose to a team that drops a stunt in finals when WC hit's their routine which was awesome. I guess i'm from old school where you have to knock out a champion to beat them. IMO.

Can someone help me out?

So lets say I am a judge (which I am not) scoring worlds and I am of the opinion if a team drops a stunt they should not win. How should I score that? Should I arbitrarily give a "0" for overall in the building section of the scoresheet? Does that deserve a 5 point deduction in execution? All 15?

When I am done tallying the score if they still have the highest, do I write at the top "CAN NOT WIN CAUSE THEY DROPPED A STUNT"

Either way it seams that when a team performs, the judges score a bunch of categories and the scores should fall where they may.

P.S. This has to be the longest day 2 updates thread ever

I'm pretty sure last years 'Worlds Updates' reached triple figures. (If you added all the split threads together. lol )

I would bet that if you asked anybody before finals if CEA would beat WC, WC hitting a perfect routine like they did, with a dropped stunt 99.9% would say no way and I'm sure CEA fans would agree. Anyways enough about that. Congrats to CEA.

So how do you explain Orange winning 4 years in a row? Small Senior is one of the largest divisions. I would think this would be one of the divisions that would "change" the winner if what you say is true..which I do not believe it true.

Quite frankly while I do not think the cheerleading industry is perfect (far from it), I think all these conspiracy theories are coming from fans of teams who lost.

Stingrays win every year because they are a huge gym with maybe close to 1000 members, fielding a small senior level 5 team. They should be fielding a large all-girl team just like WC, and CEA. Most small level 5 teams are from much smaller gyms.

Back