All-Star Cheerleading worlds day 2 updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In my opinion this is suppose to be the grand daddy of all competitions, it should be about perfection, skill and hitting a flawless routine no mistakes, then you are a true world champion! End of Story!

In my opinion this is suppose to be the grand daddy of all competitions, it should be about perfection, skill and hitting a flawless routine no mistakes, then you are a true world champion! End of Story!

Does that mean scores don't matter?

Hey Northeaster31- I agree with your comment about hitting a routine with perfection in the biggest of all competitions and winning but that's not what happened this year? Still hard to believe CEA beat WC with a dropped stunt.

World champs should be able to hit at Worlds , not mess up both days !

Champions are able to hit when asked at any time !

Hey Northeaster31- I agree with your comment about hitting a routine with perfection in the biggest of all competitions and winning but that's not what happened this year? Still hard to believe CEA beat WC with a dropped stunt.

well i guess you better start knowing;)

World champs should be able to hit at Worlds , not mess up both days !

Champions are able to hit when asked at any time !

Saying someone shouldnt win because of a single mistake is like saying the winner in a 10-1 soccer game shouldnt have won since they made a "mistake" and let the other team score.

If the requirement for winning was hitting flawlessly, everyone would go out and throw ROBHS and prep cradles and perform a perfect routine. But thats not how it works.

By throwing higher level skills, there is room left for mistakes. In this case (as I assume youre talking about large senior), there was enough "room" to allow for a fall and still come out on top. If what a team DOES hit with a fall is still better than what another team hits perfectly, they will still win.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

F!ERCE said:
Saying someone shouldnt win because of a single mistake is like saying the winner in a 10-1 soccer game shouldnt have won since they made a "mistake" and let the other team score.

If the requirement for winning was hitting flawlessly, everyone would go out and throw ROBHS and prep cradles and perform a perfect routine. But thats not how it works.

By throwing higher level skills, there is room left for mistakes. In this case (as I assume youre talking about large senior), there was enough "room" to allow for a fall and still come out on top. If what a team DOES hit with a fall is still better than what another team hits perfectly, they will still win.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you can't hit a stunt constantly ... Why do it ? The best hit alllll the time and anytime ! esp at worlds !

a fall in a routine makes it look sloppy nd not as enjoyable ..

I don't think you fully understand the situation because evidentaly you joined the bandwagon....

I second everything F!ERCE said. The USASF chooses some of the most talented judges in the nation so that the results ARE accurate. They strive to judge based on execution of the score sheet and not on names...I'm sure that's the reason that coaches and gym owners are not allowed to judge if their team is competing.

retiredl5cheer said:
I second everything F!ERCE said. The USASF chooses some of the most talented judges in the nation so that the results ARE accurate. They strive to judge based on execution of the score sheet

So are you saying that you agree with stars should have recieved sevens and other teams shouldn't have made finals that deserved it ?

So are you saying that you agree with stars should have recieved sevens and other teams shouldn't have made finals that deserved it ?

I'm saying that I think the placements in finals were correct. I can't argue that I think a team should be in finals if we don't talk about specific teams. There are definitely some teams in the small senior division that might have been screwed over by the two groups and deserved to be in finals. In large senior, although everyone was talented, I think that everyone ended up where they deserved to be.

Hitting a perfect routine is not just about keeping stunts in the air. Hitting a perfect routine also includes throwing all tumbling passes and staying in bounds. I am assuming that a majority of the arguing on this issue is about CEA vs WCSS. If that is the case, SS didn't hit a perfect routine either. Both teams made mistakes. Everyone really just needs to remember that it is not just about the stunts. It is the whole package. This is not about "politics", and I am tired of hearing that being used as an excuse.

I love SS and I love CEA, but CEA really stepped up their game for worlds. I think that them and Stingrays by far had the cleanest routines of the weekend. It stinks that one of CEA and SS had to lose because they were both wonderful this year, but that is how things have to be.

So please, everyone just take a deep breath and calm down. The judges will never be able to make everyone happy, so they just have to do what is right based on the rules and the scoresheets. Congrats to CEA, Top Gun, Georgia, Stingrays, and all of the other world champions. You all were fantastic this weekend, and I am glad that all of your hard work paid off.

Also, for the shooting stars fans out there that are upset: be excited, because WCSS will come out firing next year to try to get their title back. It could end up being one of their greatest years ever since they have the motivation now that they have been knocked down. Let CEA enjoy their title just as you have enjoyed yours for the past three years.

If you can't hit a stunt constantly ... Why do it ? The best hit alllll the time and anytime ! esp at worlds !

a fall in a routine makes it look sloppy nd not as enjoyable ..

I don't think you fully understand the situation because evidentaly you joined the bandwagon....

I assess every situation fairly. If I saw that CEA was NOT better than Stars with their fall, I would say so. However, I feel that even with the fall, they still edged them out, and I will give credit where credit is due. If the results had gone the other way, I would have done the same for Stars. I certainly wouldn't allow my love for a team to cloud my analysis of results. You can disagree with me, fine, but I hardly think I "joined a bandwagon" and "don't fully understand the situation" just because I think a team actually deserved their rings.

I wouldn't say ANY of the teams in large senior this year hit "all the time and anytime". If anything, that statement is almost counterproductive in terms of your argument, as Senior Elite may have been the most consistent this year.

I will defend a team through and through that is being discredited for their accomplishments, whether it be Senior Elite, F5, Stars, CA or Potato All-Stars. Let them enjoy their win, just as you would if your favorite team had won; they worked pretty darn hard for it.

These are humans, not robots. PLEASE give me an example of a team, that has NEVER dropped, busted or had any kind of mistake all year long. I would love to know their secrets.

Back