All-Star Cheerleading worlds day 2 updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oh boy. this is going to cause drama but having been a former event producer/owner in the cheer world, there is some truth to Anne's statement. Now, having said that, I think the judges got it mostly right at Worlds and I think they did a great job.

annecheer said:
please speak english

I figured you were a Stars fan and Spanish would suit you well :) lo siento para ti translates to I'm sorry for you.
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

annecheer is correct. From time to time they have to throw in a new team to win to give hope to other programs that they have a real shot to win but for the most part its the same teams winning year after year.

So what does that say to the little name team that actually wins? I think we have to remember here that you have to get a bid to get to Worlds. So it's not like a team just decides that they are going to go to Worlds. Whether or not there is truth to the political thing or not, it should be realized that teams evolve or digress over time. This sport has definitely evolves and along with the perception. Sometimes what worked before doesn't necessarily work anymore. In pretty much any sport the team that scores the highest wins...not the most perfect team...basketball players miss field goals and quarterbacks throw interceptions..people will always have their opinions on who should have won and who shouldn't have, but it should be used as a learning experience. Be offensive, not defensive... And take the good and leave the bad. As a team, I would study the video and scoresheets to learn from them...maybe jumps were not as great as you originally thought they were, maybe tumbling was not as clean, maybe someone really did go out of bounds, maybe the routine could have been a little more difficult, who knows...At this point - politics doesn't matter... Worlds is over and the winners are who they are. Prepare for the next season and do your part to work on being on a team that may be crowned World Champions next year...whether you are a little known team that comes from no where and blows everybody out of the water (and if politics play apart to that team winning, then they must have been pretty darn good for judges to stake their reputations on them and upset bigger name gyms), current world champions, or previous world champs seeking your title back.

annecheer is correct. From time to time they have to throw in a new team to win to give hope to other programs that they have a real shot to win but for the most part its the same teams winning year after year.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the most rediculous things I've ever heard. If you really believe that the judges just have to 'pick' someone new every now & then, well, as meanj said "lo siento para ti".

And if anyone should believe this, I should, considering my team was going for a 3-peat & we got third. But we got third because the 2 teams that beat us, were BETTER, not because the judges needed to 'pick' a new champion for our division.

Facts are facts. I'm just looking at the overall results from year to year. Almost the same programs win almost every year. Sounds strange but it's true!

Facts are facts. I'm just looking at the overall results from year to year. Almost the same programs win almost every year. Sounds strange but it's true!

It's not strange...it makes more than perfect sense if you think about it. Teams aren't be world champions because they have a really talented pool of athletes that season. The majority of the success of a team comes from COACHING. In addition to that, gyms who win a lot tend to attract more higher level athletes. The combination of the two will produce, more often than not, consistently successful teams.

I'd like to know which team you thought did not deserve their repeated wins and was simply "picked" by the judges.

So how do you explain Orange winning 4 years in a row? Small Senior is one of the largest divisions. I would think this would be one of the divisions that would "change" the winner if what you say is true..which I do not believe it true.

Quite frankly while I do not think the cheerleading industry is perfect (far from it), I think all these conspiracy theories are coming from fans of teams who lost.

It's possible that's cause they are good.

Conspiracy theorists is a good description for all the non-factual opinions.

Like F!ERCE said, it actually makes sense that you consistnetly see the same teams at the top. It's not a fluke. It happens because these gyms have the staff, experience, athletes & know what it takes to win and obviously, winning attracts new athletes, coaches, etc.

And again, I would love to believe we didn't get our 3-peat because the judges thought it was time for a new winner, NO, we got third because GT & Rockstar were better & hit their routines & they deserved & earned their placements. NOT becuase the judges thought it was time for someone new to win. All the divisions that had "new" winners this year, Int all girl, Int Coed, Unlimited Coed, Junior Coed, Large Senior, etc..had "new" winners, becuase new teams stepped up & earned those wins. NOT becuase it was "time" for someone new to win.

Ariel, it's people like you that make Cheer Athletics so great as a program. So much class. Thanks for posting that.

Back