"cheerlebrities"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm on the Cheerios and I can't tumble but they always make a spot for HeMo... cause I got d'em dance moves.

In all seriousness though, I pulled this up on my phone and thought I was in Allstars and was like, wait whaaaa???

Cami Banson used to be on CA Cheetahs but they didn't have a flier spot for her and was told to work on her tumbling but unlike Peyton Mabry, Cami just went to SOT (Spirit of Texas) instead. She is trying to work on her tumbling but she still isn't level 5. SOT doesn't really have a flier spot for her either but makes room for her because she is a popular cheerleader and has helped Spirit's popularity. Popularity shouldn't be the reason your put/kept on a squad, your skill and determination and passion for the sport should be the reason.

But on the other hand the Cheetahs are criticized all the time because they have "Cheerlebrities" and all they do is promote companies and themselves but the people they are criticizing are honestly really talented athletes. Jamie Andries for example does promote things like the Pump it Up app. People comment things like "Maybe if you weren't so busy going to photo shoots and promoting other companies and trying to become famous, your team would've won worlds." But in my opinion just because they promote things because the companies ask them to, does not mean that they aren't determined athletes who try just as hard as any other team. The cheetahs have 4-6 hour practices, and yeah they get special warmups and t-shirts just for comps but that doesn't mean that they don't work just as hard as lets say Top Gun who won the 2014 Worlds.

Cheerlebrities are just recognized cheerleaders with a lot of instagram and twitter followers who promote companies and go to photo shoots but still are amazing talented athletes.

-Stay fierce

Cami actually does have her full. Look at her video (lol she actually calls herself a cheerlebrity though which is odd haha)

I do agree though, I saw an article where they were interviewing moms about how they will move gyms just so their daughter has a better chance at being a flyer so that they can be a cheerlebrity. I'll like that too: Inside the Cheerlebrity Economy - The Wire

I think that is what Cami did, she switched so she could be a flyer, but Idk if you noticed this season but she was not even in the stunt sequence at all. She didnt base or fly, she was just hiding behind the stunt group.

Cami actually does have her full. Look at her video (lol she actually calls herself a cheerlebrity though which is odd haha)

I do agree though, I saw an article where they were interviewing moms about how they will move gyms just so their daughter has a better chance at being a flyer so that they can be a cheerlebrity. I'll like that too: Inside the Cheerlebrity Economy - The Wire

I think that is what Cami did, she switched so she could be a flyer, but Idk if you noticed this season but she was not even in the stunt sequence at all. She didnt base or fly, she was just hiding behind the stunt group.

she was a flyer while at CA. I think she switched to spirit because they "favor" taller flyers. Idk if that's the reason but i remember reading that somewhere.. Don't take my word for it though.

eta: she did fly in first coed stunt and was in the pyramid.

she was a flyer while at CA. I think she switched to spirit because they "favor" taller flyers. Idk if that's the reason but i remember reading that somewhere.. Don't take my word for it though.

eta: she did fly in first coed stunt and was in the pyramid.

Idk if you know Bailey Vaughan aka spirit barbie but she is only 5'4 and she said she was too tall to fly now. She took a picture on instagram and was able to pick up her flyer; that's how small she was. Spirit actually has really tiny flyers.

I agree about a lot that you said. Jamie Andries has almost half a million followers on instagram and she is more famous than Ashley Eschelberger. Ashley is on panthers and has a standing tumbling pass with 3 doubles in it. Jamie Andries does not tumble at all in cheetahs routine (except in jumps to tuck). That really shows how much being a cheerlebrity is based on looks and not skill. I'm not saying that Ashley does not have the looks, im saying that Jamie is a blond that is known for her poof and her abs..

I
Idk if you know Bailey Vaughan aka spirit barbie but she is only 5'4 and she said she was too tall to fly now. She took a picture on instagram and was able to pick up her flyer; that's how small she was. Spirit actually has really tiny flyers.
I don't know her. Lol 5'4 is not tall at all. And yes I noticed their flyers are not that tall. But thanks for clearing that up.

I made an account back in January but I forgot about it ad am kinda confused on how it works. How do you follow people?

I made an account back in January but I forgot about it ad am kinda confused on how it works. How do you follow people?
Totally random thread to ask this. Don't worry about following people here as it does absolutely nothing.

Please send more money

Could easily be 100% false, but I heard she has mental blocks off and on with run tumbling. Either way she is talented and a great flyer.

It makes me really mad how Cami Branson gets so much credit when there is other cheerleaders who work just as hard and have better tumbling that get no credit.

It makes me really mad how Cami Branson gets so much credit when there is other cheerleaders who work just as hard and have better tumbling that get no credit.
But Cami has awesome hair which makes a the difference. ;)

Please send more money

Back