All-Star Cheersport 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get rewarding difficulty, but when that difficulty is sloppy and there are 2 stunt falls and 2(+) bobbles, that difficulty shouldn't still be in first IMO

ugh, agreed! Routine wise, I think stars should be in first (though I am quite biased) but they had a stunt fall. Yesterday, Panthers truly were the best team and I don't understand why they were not rewarded more for hitting. especially in a division where the difficulty of every team is crazy. hitting those skills (and hitting them cleanly) is more important, IMO.

Edit: just kidding, panthers did have a deduction that I missed. I still think they put out the best routine yesterday.

ugh, agreed! Routine wise, I think stars should be in first (though I am quite biased) but they had a stunt fall. Yesterday, Panthers truly were the best team and I don't understand why they were not rewarded more for hitting. especially in a division where the difficulty of every team is crazy. hitting those skills (and hitting them cleanly) is more important, IMO.

Edit: just kidding, panthers did have a deduction that I missed. I still think they put out the best routine yesterday.

Panthers' routine is just not difficult enough to make up the difference. Take a look at the pyramid compared to Stars. Or their stunting. Their double up is the only one true L5 stunt element. The inversion is a L5 mount. The tictoc is L4 I'm pretty sure. If not Stars do more tictocs anyway. Now, SE's pyramid is killing Stars! It's the Deathstar of pyramids!

I'm sure by Worlds, it'll be a different ball game! But, its a good thing they see this now, since Worlds is judged the same way!

Looked through this thread, but didn't see an answer to my question. - How does Cheersport determine bid winners or is it at the discretion of the EP? (I hope not)
Do they take the final perfection score of ALL worlds teams, and offer bids in that order? And if someone has bid already, is that bid passed down to the next highest score in ALL divisions or the division of the team passing the bid?
Also, if a team "upgrades" from an AL bid, does that AL bid get passed to the next team from the Event it was rewarded or does it become null?
I hope these questions make sense.

Thank you all you cheer gurus!!!

Looked through this thread, but didn't see an answer to my question. - How does Cheersport determine bid winners or is it at the discretion of the EP? (I hope not)
Do they take the final perfection score of ALL worlds teams, and offer bids in that order? And if someone has bid already, is that bid passed down to the next highest score in ALL divisions or the division of the team passing the bid?
Also, if a team "upgrades" from an AL bid, does that AL bid get passed to the next team from the Event it was rewarded or does it become null?
I hope these questions make sense.

Thank you all you cheer gurus!!!
Bids are EP choice, not quite sure how they decide but scores and division don't necessarily matter. As much as I hate this, it has it's advantages with the use of comparative scoring and deciding bids based on scores between different divisions that may have been scored differently.
If a team upgrades from an AL, that bid goes away, if a team upgrades from a Partial Paid, that bid will get passed down to the next team from that original comp where the partial was won.

Bids are EP choice, not quite sure how they decide but scores and division don't necessarily matter. As much as I hate this, it has it's advantages with the use of comparative scoring and deciding bids based on scores between different divisions that may have been scored differently.
If a team upgrades from an AL, that bid goes away, if a team upgrades from a Partial Paid, that bid will get passed down to the next team from that original comp where the partial was won.
Thank you. I'm not that knowledgeable on comparative scoring - I get confused when reading how it works.
After day 1, taking into consideration all the worlds division scores (yes, this crazy grandma actually logged all the worlds teams scores) we are right on the cusp of the 16 AL bids. Fingers Crossed for a better day 2!!

Panthers' routine is just not difficult enough to make up the difference. Take a look at the pyramid compared to Stars. Or their stunting. Their double up is the only one true L5 stunt element. The inversion is a L5 mount. The tictoc is L4 I'm pretty sure. If not Stars do more tictocs anyway. Now, SE's pyramid is killing Stars! It's the Deathstar of pyramids!

I'm sure by Worlds, it'll be a different ball game! But, its a good thing they see this now, since Worlds is judged the same way!
Panthers have 2 Level 5 tick tocks in that sequence as well as the inversion dismount. Idk if I would put Panthers ahead of SE in terms of raw score, but I think they should have been ahead after yesterday with SE's mistakes, but I really thought WCSS would have been in 1st. Idk the scores are all verrrry close, so it could really go to anyone today, I just hope all the teams hit!

Not necessarily directed at you, but am I the only person that's not completely wowed by SE's pyramid? I feel like a lot of people are thinking that it's the greatest thing ever, and I just don't see it. I agree that it's difficult, but it doesn't seem drastically better than anyone else's in that division to me.

Thank you. I'm not that knowledgeable on comparative scoring - I get confused when reading how it works.
After day 1, taking into consideration all the worlds division scores (yes, this crazy grandma actually logged all the worlds teams scores) we are right on the cusp of the 16 AL bids. Fingers Crossed for a better day 2!!
Good Luck!! (haha, the google doc is very helpful so you don't have to do that work;))

Agreed. The two + stunt falls should id think bring down their execution.
BABS need to bring it again today!
Most judging panels will not hit teams in the execution area if they are already taking off for deductions. It's what us coaches call double dipping

Continued
89a006f99540be8bc5cf630f36720c37.jpg
Continued
89a006f99540be8bc5cf630f36720c37.jpg
So cool that Cheersport posts scores :cool: :DI wish more EPs would do that. We never get to see scores :(
Good luck today!!

Thank goodness in this case that bids are EP choice and they are waiting until tomorrow. Yesterdays scores were beyond crazy...just like Worlds...as the day went on, the scores just got higher and higher....

Does Cheersport not award a "Grand Champion"? If they do, I'm still baffled as to how the A-Team are first in line for that. I just don't understand how their raw score is higher than their siblings teams (Purple Royalty & Reign who clearly had much higher difficulty and equally clean executions.

Last edited:
Does Cheersport not award a "Grand Champion"? If they do, I'm still baffled as to how the A-Team are first in line for that. I just don't understand how their raw score is higher than their siblings teams (Purple Royalty & Reign who clearly had much higher difficulty and equally clean executions.
I don't know if they do, but it seems all of that division is running a tad high in the scoring compared to other divisions.

Idk if they do, but I don't know how they can with comparative scoring, you can't really compare between divisions with it.

Back