OT Chik-fil-a Conflict?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
To each their own... freedom of speech! I have different thoughts and beliefs than this company, but I'm not going to bad talk someone for having their own opinion, that would be hypocritical.

everyone sure does have the right to their own opinion... and my opinion is that i'll never purchase anything from chick-fil-a again. i can handle someone having different beliefs than me, but i do not support someone actively funding the oppression of people and i will not help fund a company that does that.

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

This was posted on Facebook and I think is rather eye opening for people that don't think that this situation is a big deal. I never liked CFA to start with, I thought their food was gross but this just ensures that they will NOT have my business ever again. Have your opinions, that's fine. But some of the things brought up in the article is crossing the line. I don't support where CFA donates money to, so why would I spend my money there? It makes no sense.

And what I will NEVER understand is why do straight people care so much about what gay people want to do? I promise they don't care about what we're doing. I think everyone should just be able to do their own thing without judgement, but that's not a one way street.

Never eaten at a Chik-Fil-A, they aren't popular in WI (I think there is one in the entire state) but I wouldn't stop eating there because of this. Everyone is entitled to their own views, even this man. I would actually really like to try their food because I always see people on twitter raving about how its so delicious.

Never eaten at a Chik-Fil-A, they aren't popular in WI (I think there is one in the entire state) but I wouldn't stop eating there because of this. Everyone is entitled to their own views, even this man. I would actually really like to try their food because I always see people on twitter raving about how its so delicious.
I'm really surprised at how many people on the boards haven't eaten at CFA... i personally love their food (even though they fry their chicken in peanut oil... grilled nuggets are good though!) There are 5 around me that i know of..

I'm really surprised at how many people on the boards haven't eaten at CFA... i personally love their food (even though they fry their chicken in peanut oil... grilled nuggets are good though!) There are 5 around me that i know of..
I'm 99.99% positive there is only one in WI, and its about an hour and half away from me :( When I went on the band trip to Florida this year we kept hoping that we would stop there for food but we never did :( My taste buds feel so deprived!!

David Badash: Chick-fil-A: 5 Reasons It Isn't What You Think

This was posted on Facebook and I think is rather eye opening for people that don't think that this situation is a big deal. I never liked CFA to start with, I thought their food was gross but this just ensures that they will NOT have my business ever again. Have your opinions, that's fine. But some of the things brought up in the article is crossing the line. I don't support where CFA donates money to, so why would I spend my money there? It makes no sense.

And what I will NEVER understand is why do straight people care so much about what gay people want to do? I promise they don't care about what we're doing. I think everyone should just be able to do their own thing without judgement, but that's not a one way street.

PEOPLE PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE BEFORE YOU KEEP POSTING. Many of you are so clueless to what is really going on.

Chick Fil A chicken, waffle fries and banana milkshakes are the most amazing things to cross my lips. But, they'll never cross my lips again. The CEO, of course, has the right of freedom of speech-just like all Americans do. If he simple said that he was against gay marriage, I'd probably still eat there. The company is very open about their Christian beliefs, so the fact that he's against gay marriage wasn't a surprise to me. However, the fact that he uses company funds to make financial donations to hate groups is what makes me never want to eat there again. I can't justify giving my money to them, knowing where it's going. Even if it's just 1 penny of what I spend there, it's 1 penny too much. Just like I'm Catholic, but don't put money in the basket. Sure, most of it goes to keep the lights on-but some was used to pay off abuse victims-and I'm not OK with that.
Would you shop at a store that was open about giving their money to white supremacist groups like the KKK? What about a company that supported killing dolphins or puppies?

That's great that those who are outraged by his beliefs and business practices are speaking with their wallets. May I suggest that you look into other companies that you give money to and figure out which of those give only to causes that you believe in.

Back