OT Chik-fil-a Conflict?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
everyone sure does have the right to their own opinion... and my opinion is that i'll never purchase anything from chick-fil-a again. i can handle someone having different beliefs than me, but i do not support someone actively funding the oppression of people and i will not help fund a company that does that.

The US imports 12 million barrels of oil a day from countries that actively support the oppression of women as well as gays... you going to quit driving your car?

The US imports 12 million barrels of oil a day from countries that actively support the oppression of women as well as gays... you going to quit driving your car?

This all-or-nothing approach is ridiculous. If a company whose product I don't need is going to publicly announce their support for things that I think are fundamentally wrong, I will not support that company any longer by purchasing its products. Simple.

I'm really surprised at how many people on the boards haven't eaten at CFA... i personally love their food (even though they fry their chicken in peanut oil... grilled nuggets are good though!) There are 5 around me that i know of..

It was only a few years ago that NCA Dallas was the NCA Chic Fil A Nationals... And they gave every cheerleader a free sandwich on Saturday, not Sunday.

Makes one wonder now just why they no longer sponsor NCA. I thought it was strange that all of a sudden they were no longer a part of it.

Could you imagine what the back lash would be this year if they still were a sponsor...?

Chick Fil A chicken, waffle fries and banana milkshakes are the most amazing things to cross my lips. But, they'll never cross my lips again. The CEO, of course, has the right of freedom of speech-just like all Americans do. If he simple said that he was against gay marriage, I'd probably still eat there. The company is very open about their Christian beliefs, so the fact that he's against gay marriage wasn't a surprise to me. However, the fact that he uses company funds to make financial donations to hate groups is what makes me never want to eat there again. I can't justify giving my money to them, knowing where it's going. Even if it's just 1 penny of what I spend there, it's 1 penny too much. Just like I'm Catholic, but don't put money in the basket. Sure, most of it goes to keep the lights on-but some was used to pay off abuse victims-and I'm not OK with that.
Would you shop at a store that was open about giving their money to white supremacist groups like the KKK? What about a company that supported killing dolphins or puppies?

People still eat Tuna Fish by the tons. That is not just a company but an entire industry that has been documented as dolphin killers

Anyone else finds it ironic that there is a link for free Chik-Fil-A coupons at the top of this page...lol

Let's just be real here. If the company is stupid enough to give their opinion on a topic such as this, than I am going to be smart enough to take my money elsewhere. I don't go looking for what a company supports before I buy something, but if they are going to make it publicly known then I will take my business elsewhere.

They only problem I have with them is that they do donate to organizations that try to squash lgbt rights. I've been told that by some of my gay friends that when they see their friends go their it's like a slap in the face because of that. I do love their food, though.
That's exactly what it's like. I'm gay and what hurts most is when I tell my friends about companies who donate to the same organizations as chik-fil-a and my friends just shrug it off and tell me that it "really isn't a big deal". Well, to me it is.

Lordy Bee. I wasn't going to comment, but I'll just throw it out there. Those of you that are saying "Oh well, freedom of speech, don't eat there". That's fine and dandy, but I hope none of you have gay friends, gay family members, or ever have a gay child. If you don't have an opinion either way, you're better off just keeping your mouth shut.
Thankfully, I live in a very liberal city and we don't have as many close -minded hillbillys talking about how we're all perverts and burning in hell, but it's extremely frustrating that people don't realize that while they may not agree they ARE actually taking a side, because their money spent is put towards the anti-gay groups. Is it ridiculous that this is all over a chicken sandwich restaurant? Absolutely, but LGBT rights are at a crucial turning point and we need all the support we can get. This is much deeper than a conservative baptist business owner declaring his disgust of the gay community.

I've eaten at Chick-Fil-A before during out-of-state trips, but we don't have one here in Michigan. I like it even more now because of their views, which I totally agree with. At least someone is standing up for good moral values in this country.

I find so many things wrong with this statement, I just don't know where to begin!
I came across another one of her posts a few minutes ago on a cracked iPhone case and it has the same preachy holier-than-thou tone in it so I was curious about the poster. She's a a new newbie, she's 16, and she's going to get devoured on here at some point today.

I've eaten at Chick-Fil-A before during out-of-state trips, but we don't have one here in Michigan. I like it even more now because of their views, which I totally agree with. At least someone is standing up for good moral values in this country.

Yeahhh, posting about how much you dislike gay marriage on a cheerleading forum is a bad idea. Good luck here.

Back