Chiropractor And Flexibility

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 29, 2011
I stretch all the time, everyday actually.. I was wondering if chiropractor helps in increasing flexibility? I have back pain most of the time and i think its from stretching:/ what are your thoughts about chiropractors and flexibility?

I go to a chiropractor regularly to help with back pain, but I haven't had any success with increasing flexibility. I have had the best results from sports physios who do a type of resistance stretching with you and can focus on deep massage on areas like your hip flexors. I also had short term success with acupuncture on particularly tight areas. Obviously though stretching is the best thing to do :)

I go to a chiropractor regularly and normally after each session I find it easier to stretch because its less painful for me. I think it definitely helps me in some way.

Sure, it definitely makes you feel more limber. I get lots of neck and shoulder pain from tumbling and chiro helps HEAPS with that! They can also make sure your hips and everything are in alignment, because things can move around a bit with tumbling etc. Definitely worth the money and time, but I still think physio or massage will give you even better results IMO.

I've been at the chiro today and i found out whats the problem:/ ive been. Stretchng my lower back too much that my upper back got stiff :( so now i have to go there twice a week for 3 weeks so he can fix it:) thanks for the replt tho:)

Btw, what do you suggest for stretchng the upper back?:)

Btw, what do you suggest for stretchng the upper back?:)

Which part of your upper back? You have a few different muscle groups up there and each one has fibers that go different directions, so they need to be stretched different ways. Plus, if your DC indicated your upper back is tight, did he/she not recommend stretches that will help loosen the muscles without un-doing your adjustments?

Which part of your upper back? You have a few different muscle groups up there and each one has fibers that go different directions, so they need to be stretched different ways. Plus, if your DC indicated your upper back is tight, did he/she not recommend stretches that will help loosen the muscles without un-doing your adjustments?

He didnt recommend anything yet because it was my first time going to a chiropractor:) he was loosening it up a bit..today i went there and he told me that my glutes are also tight and so affecting my lower back:( so he recommended some exercise:) but not for upper back since i didnt ask:/..
Basically, i overused my lower back in doing deadly scorpion and it made my middle and upper back stiffer:( now im doing bridge with straight legs to stretch it but other than that, i dont know how to stretch it. My chiropractor just told me to take it easywith stretching my lower back as he will tryto loosen my upper back:) i want my deadly back so i need to stretch my upper back too so i wont just usemy lower back:/

I go regulary and agree that after each session, I feel more flexible, because I have less back pain. But you have to keep up a regular schedule.

Back