All-Star Cnn Cea Youtbe Link

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is going to be discussed. And, from what I can see on Twitter and Facebook, if people don't get it out here (in a controlled environment) its going to either be lashed our on twitter or fester deep down and build up and come out in much worse ways. A CNN special about cheerleading is a big deal. People are upset about how it was presented. To pretend like it didn't happen just makes it worse. For every conversation on here there are 10 similar conversations happening at every single gym across the country. Here we can educate, discuss, get it out, and hope to influence and inform people of how things really happen.

It is going to be discussed. And, from what I can see on Twitter and Facebook, if people don't get it out here (in a controlled environment) its going to either be lashed our on twitter or fester deep down and build up and come out in much worse ways. A CNN special about cheerleading is a big deal. People are upset about how it was presented. To pretend like it didn't happen just makes it worse. For every conversation on here there are 10 similar conversations happening at every single gym across the country. Here we can educate, discuss, get it out, and hope to influence and inform people of how things really happen.
And HEY! Now that I got my extra anger at the world at large out, I feel loads better. :D

@Just-a-Mom I think I may have been one of the few people that actually understood what your original post was about. Teenage girls have swift and painful reactions to everything. So I quoted your post and replied then continued to read the rest of the thread. I was so confused at the posts criticizing yours. Did everybody actually read what she said? Just wondering...

Indeed I did....I think many of her posts itt including the first one I responded to, are rather presumptuous considering she did not/does not know extenuating circumstances. . She did not simply state something to the effect of, "those girls reacted w/o consideration for the rest of their team bc they felt slighted and it's unfortunate that they did so in such a public manner".

her words bolded

You say this like it's the most awful thing in the world. Of course they're bitter and upset they didn't receive any credit for their involvement. Do they not practice just as much as she does? Did they not help win Worlds in 2010? Do they not show up with injuries and work through them? So yes, I think TEENAGE GIRLS might be hurt that they were brushed aside like back-up dancers in Maddie's show - "Maddie and her Senior Elites". - how is this not presumptuous? I've already explained that all of the girls knew what the deal was, so I'm not going to rehash every single reply I made to her, but she's commenting on things she really has no idea about. For instance, how does she know if the people making nasty comments work as hard, competed on SE last year when they won worlds, suffered injuries, etc? You get the point.?

I would imagine that this is a group of 35 young ladies who've spent YEARS in Maddie's shadow. 35 young ladies who are just as much Senior Elite as she is. So instead of everyone acting so shocked that they reacted this way, and trying to figure out ways to make them not feel something that is perfectly reasonable and logical to feel...why not look into the fact that they've probably felt this way FOREVER...and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back for many of them. I sincerely doubt this is the first time they've had to deal with being made to feel like extras in a movie about Maddie. Again, how is this not presumptuous?!! (and possibly a little snippy to be honest) Just a mom has no idea if these girls have felt this way, or that they feel like they've had to be in Maddie's shadow, etc. Of course she is entitled to her opinion about what she thinks the case may be, but my reply was a just and logical one considering that she really has no idea and is merely basing her opinions on speculation. Furthermore, I provided her with some correct information regarding the issue, only one of which was that ALL of the girls knew she was chosen to represent CEA and I even pointed out how much the rest of the team was highlighted in the piece.

I am aware that she said she liked the piece, I'm aware that she thinks it probably wasn't Maddie's fault, etc....however, she is, once again, presumptuous (or maybe overly sensitive is the word needed in this specific situation) when she makes statements that are more like putting words in people's mouths (like when she referred to being called classless and dumb, etc. or when she thought I was directly referring to her last night, only to realize it was obvious my comment was not directed towards her). So there are little things that really shouldn't be such a big issue if it were only about stating things "simply", but often I do not think that's the case.

There are many more examples, but I'm not trying to beat up on Just a mom, bc I don't want her thinking I'm some evil *itch (I mean, I might be...but that's besides the point ;) or mainly that I'm picking on her. I can handle myself just fine, don't get bent out of shape if she doesn't agree w/me, and don't care if she likes me or not (although I'd love to get along w/everyone..). I feel things were taken out of context or simply not understood when I wrote them, but I didn't feel the need to constantly have the last word and I don't lose any sleep over it.

Having said all of that...I would like to be finished w/this specific discussion regarding my personal replies to just a mom regarding these issues...unless anyone actually cares to hear more, and if so, I'm open for discussion via pm...

Ok...now back to voting for Ricky for So You Think You Can Dance bc I've already wasted 15 min of voting time!

Also, I would just like to say that I really have a lot of respect for Kingston and the stingrays....always stay classy you guys! :rays:

@xtremeteal4life thank you for clearing that up. I'm sorry I caused you to lose voting time. I am pretty sure nobody loses sleep over stuff on fierceboard so I'm glad you're sleeping well too! I read her post differently as I was thinking "teenage girls and drama" more than I was about anything else.

@xtremeteal4life thank you for clearing that up. I'm sorry I caused you to lose voting time. I am pretty sure nobody loses sleep over stuff on fierceboard so I'm glad you're sleeping well too! I read her post differently as I was thinking "teenage girls and drama" more than I was about anything else.

It's all good.
Well I don't really sleep well...but that's always been a life long struggle w/insomnia. :mad: I've just come to terms w/the fact that I'm a vampire :p

xtremeteal4life said:
It's all good.
Well I don't really sleep well...but that's always been a life long struggle w/insomnia. :mad: I've just come to terms w/the fact that I'm a vampire :p

We may be related then. I don't sleep either...but I think my kids may be the vampires (bc I'm drained --insert rimshot here).

Indeed I did....I think many of her posts itt including the first one I responded to, are rather presumptuous considering she did not/does not know extenuating circumstances. . She did not simply state something to the effect of, "those girls reacted w/o consideration for the rest of their team bc they felt slighted and it's unfortunate that they did so in such a public manner".

her words bolded

You say this like it's the most awful thing in the world. Of course they're bitter and upset they didn't receive any credit for their involvement. Do they not practice just as much as she does? Did they not help win Worlds in 2010? Do they not show up with injuries and work through them? So yes, I think TEENAGE GIRLS might be hurt that they were brushed aside like back-up dancers in Maddie's show - "Maddie and her Senior Elites". - how is this not presumptuous? I've already explained that all of the girls knew what the deal was, so I'm not going to rehash every single reply I made to her, but she's commenting on things she really has no idea about. For instance, how does she know if the people making nasty comments work as hard, competed on SE last year when they won worlds, suffered injuries, etc? You get the point.?

I would imagine that this is a group of 35 young ladies who've spent YEARS in Maddie's shadow. 35 young ladies who are just as much Senior Elite as she is. So instead of everyone acting so shocked that they reacted this way, and trying to figure out ways to make them not feel something that is perfectly reasonable and logical to feel...why not look into the fact that they've probably felt this way FOREVER...and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back for many of them. I sincerely doubt this is the first time they've had to deal with being made to feel like extras in a movie about Maddie. Again, how is this not presumptuous?!! (and possibly a little snippy to be honest) Just a mom has no idea if these girls have felt this way, or that they feel like they've had to be in Maddie's shadow, etc. Of course she is entitled to her opinion about what she thinks the case may be, but my reply was a just and logical one considering that she really has no idea and is merely basing her opinions on speculation. Furthermore, I provided her with some correct information regarding the issue, only one of which was that ALL of the girls knew she was chosen to represent CEA and I even pointed out how much the rest of the team was highlighted in the piece.

I'm sure you won't read this, since you made your finality clear, but I thought I'd point out that you conveniently left out one simple piece of her post that you referenced above. First sentence, last paragraph says "Was Twitter the best place for this venting of feelings? Of course not..."
Obviously, she didn't say what you wanted her to say in a manner that drew your attention, but she did say (in her own special way) that it was not right for the other team members to post their disappointment on Twitter.
And I really need to address the fact that not one of us sits in on SE practices, but do you seriously mean to say that the other 35 girls on the team didn't practice as hard as Maddie and didn't work through injuries?? Any winning team is FULL of hard workers, so her assumption is totally relevant.
And as for them "all knowing the deal" why would 150 athletes, from 3 gyms, have to sign consent for a tv piece that's about 1 girl who attends 1 gym? It's already been confirmed that no one involved knew what was actually going to air, so I find it strange that you could say they already knew what the deal was.

Finally, in the words of Wyclef: Money breaks groups up, like the Five Heartbeats.

Be careful what you wish for, y'all. No one gets to choose what type of problems they have to balance out the benefits of celebrity.

Back