OT College Class Help?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 28, 2010
I have an argumentative essay due in less than a month.
My essay requires an essay about an issue related to the topic of education, I have to also give a solution...can you give me some topic ideas?
I have some:
Bullying
Discipline
Dress Code
Lack of Education in Schools
Lack of Healthy Foods
Unsafe Transportation
Alcohol Consumption in College Students.

Out of those topics, which one do you think I can find the most research on? And if you want, please add some topics that are different! :) thank you!

I (was) a reference librarian until last week (in children's services now) so I would be able to help you in great detail if I were at work or had my laptop ( I just moved etc). Anyway. Do you have access to a database called Opposing Viewpoints? Excellent place to start looking for topics in various disciplines

With all the debate about college education, financial availability, graduate debt, etc., I would love to see someone lay out the argument that college isn't necessary for everyone. I really think the emphasis on college is causing an overheated demand for college. That, coupled with the emphasis on grants and scholarships, is driving the costs up dramatically.

Lack of skilled workers is causing a major issue with the workforce as well.

So, can you take that stance?

With all the debate about college education, financial availability, graduate debt, etc., I would love to see someone lay out the argument that college isn't necessary for everyone. I really think the emphasis on college is causing an overheated demand for college. That, coupled with the emphasis on grants and scholarships, is driving the costs up dramatically.

So the issue would be college expenses/lack of scholarships and grants? What would the solution be? Sounds like an interesting topic I'd like to get deeper into!

No, I'm saying that you need to argue that FEWER people should go to college.

I like this idea! I think it is OK that not everyone goes to college. I went to college but never used my degree. While the field I went into needed ANY degree, I wonder if part of the discussion could include people who never go into their actual field of study.

I'm taking an argumentation class this semester and I have a word of advice for you: Stay away from anything alcohol or drug related. Just dont even enter that world, believe me. And I agree with HeresAThought - Opposing Viewpoints is a wonderful database to use and could give you many, many ideas.

Heres some other ones you could do:
Banned Books/Book Banning
Charter Schools
Homeschooling
Childhood Obesity and what schools are doing to combat it/improve it
Zero Tolerance Policies in Schools
Sex Education
Student Rights
Disections
Standardized Testing

Back