OT College Dorm Shopping

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Costco, Sams Club, etc. buy as much as you can in bulk. EVERYTHING.
Batteries
Giant shampoo/conditioner/bodywash/etc.
food that won't spoil
school supplies
... literally everything and anything. it will last you forever and save you a ton of money throughout the semester.

also go to the bank and bring like $25 worth of quarters with you. (parking meters, laundry, vending machines, etc)

I'm from MA, and went to Chicago in the winter.....and was FREEZING. So really be prepared coming from SoCal. The wind chill is insane, and if your not used to snow and the cold, you better bring a lot of socks, boots, gloves, sweaters, etc.

I have a HUGE list of things you might need for college. It's in a Word doc (well, Pages, but I'll convert it to Word if you're using a PC instead of a Mac)...I can e-mail it to anyone who needs it.

If you want it, shoot me an e-mail: [email protected]

Plastic drawers will save your life. Rising college junior and I still haven't gotten rid of mine. Using them again next year.

PS- Don't forget a swiffer if you have tile or a little vacuum cleaner for carpet. You'd be surprised how dirty it gets.

i'm right on the lake at Loyola University Chicago. in fact, i think my dorm has a lake view. heh.

Like everyone else said, get a good, warm winter coat. Pack hats and scarves and gloves and boots! When there's a lot of snow you might want rainboots instead of ugg boots so your feet stay dry.

There's a Target about 5 minutes from Loyola.

Like everyone else said, get a good, warm winter coat. Pack hats and scarves and gloves and boots! When there's a lot of snow you might want rainboots instead of ugg boots so your feet stay dry.

There's a Target about 5 minutes from Loyola.

i think i'm good on the boots. so far i have sorel short weather boots(they're rubber bottomed and have fabric on the ankles), jimmy choo hunter rain boots, and some other boots for going out. and then i'm starting to look for coats, but i might just wait. the selection here in california is pretty bad, and i don't want to just order it without trying it on first. any advice on good coats? or good brands to look out for?

i think i'm good on the boots. so far i have sorel short weather boots(they're rubber bottomed and have fabric on the ankles), jimmy choo hunter rain boots, and some other boots for going out. and then i'm starting to look for coats, but i might just wait. the selection here in california is pretty bad, and i don't want to just order it without trying it on first. any advice on good coats? or good brands to look out for?
I'm no winter weather expert being from South Carolina, but I love my Northface!

Plastic drawers will save your life. Rising college junior and I still haven't gotten rid of mine. Using them again next year.

I'm 33 and still have my plastic drawer thing on wheels from college. I used it to hold socks, bras and undies then....then it held onsies, socks and diapers when I had kids, then went to holding toys.....now it holds bathroom stuff in our hall closet. Best $15 I ever spent!

I would suggest a long quilted North Face. You want something that'll cover your butt, nothings worse than a cold butt.

Like @MissBee said, get a longer coat! Try to get one that hits at at least mid-thigh. It will make a big difference. I'd also suggest getting a fleece North Face or some other kind of fleece jacket, because you can wear that in late fall and at the beginning/end of winter when it's a little more mild. You can also layer that with your coat when it gets really cold. Also! Try to get a coat that has a hood and can button/zip high enough to cover your chest and neck.

I'd definitely suggest getting a long, wool pea-coat and a North Face. Best two coats I've ever bought. When it's really cold out, I wear my North Face under my pea-coat. Also, 180s ear warmers are life savers in the winter if you don't want like to wear hats. They are wind resistant and won't mess up your hair too much. :) Under Armour ColdGear to layer under your clothing will definitely come in handy on those bitter-cold winter days that Chicago seems to have an abundance of.

get one of those puffy down coats.
i got one last fall, and it quickly became my best friend. haha

I'm no winter weather expert being from South Carolina, but I love my Northface!

I was going to suggest Northface too. They have a bunch of different styles and you can get smaller fall jackets as well as the big winter coats.

Back