OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I got into all 4 schools i applied to and now I have no idea where I want to go and now I can't decide between 2 majors -__-

Just ordered my books for my first few grad school classes which reminded me of this thread, so I figured I'd come on here to see how everything's been going for all of you seniors? Any exciting updates?!?

The common app sucks. Schools who don't use the common app suck even more. My guidance department doesn't help at all. I don't know where to even start with my essays. My teachers are taking forever on my recommendations. And I still have to visit some more schools..
Yeah, I'd say everything is just going great :/

So I thought I had it all figured out. But now Im just confused. At first I was gonna go to a community college and then transfer. I had two schools in mind. But then I look at some private colleges that would be about the same, according to them, as community college and then transferring to a state school. So now instead of filling out applications I have no clue what to do.
Would the cost of private be the same as community college?? Usually they are wayyy more expensive, and community college credits are more likely to transfer to a state school because that's what they are designed to do. I started at a big school, thought to myself "why am I paying so much for gen ed classes?" and went to community college for a few semesters. Then I went back to school, got my degree, and ended up with much less debt than everyone else I know. To this day, I will also admit that I enjoyed my community college classes MUCH more. Teachers knew me in both, but I always felt like the CC teachers did it because they wanted to, where some of my big school teachers simply taught because they had to in order to do research. They were harder to track down and get questions answered, whereas my CC teachers were always there for questions and wanted to see people succeed and move on. Obviously this is just a personal opinion, and not the same everywhere. :)

The common app sucks. Schools who don't use the common app suck even more. My guidance department doesn't help at all. I don't know where to even start with my essays. My teachers are taking forever on my recommendations. And I still have to visit some more schools..
Yeah, I'd say everything is just going great :/
Awh I hate that for you, I remember applying for schools was so stressful especially since I was doing it in two different states. If you have any questions or anything I can try to help feel free to PM me :)

Awh I hate that for you, I remember applying for schools was so stressful especially since I was doing it in two different states. If you have any questions or anything I can try to help feel free to PM me :)
Thanks :) I'm really just worried about the essay at this point. I wrote one (based on a prompt for a certain school) as an assignment for school and my teacher pretty much told me I had to start it over tonight. It's due tomorrow. It's a pretty factual question and she wants me to put myself into it.. ugh. I haven't even done the common app essay yet because I don't have a topic! :/

Thanks :) I'm really just worried about the essay at this point. I wrote one (based on a prompt for a certain school) as an assignment for school and my teacher pretty much told me I had to start it over tonight. It's due tomorrow. It's a pretty factual question and she wants me to put myself into it.. ugh. I haven't even done the common app essay yet because I don't have a topic! :/
Just out of curiosity... what is the Common App prompt? Luckily I don't have to worry about it for another year, but still haha

Just out of curiosity... what is the Common App prompt? Luckily I don't have to worry about it for another year, but still haha
They have 5- all pretty open. One is describe an experience that affected you, another is talk about a problem going on in the world and you're feelings on it/it's effect on you...etc. (I'm papraphrasing these, so they may be a little off haha.) And my favorite: write about anything you want!

Back