OT Colleges :)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I got accepted into 2 out of the 4 I applied to so far. Pretty exciting:)

Is anybody looking in to the MNU cheer thing that was posted a little while back, and I want to become a teacher do i major in the subject or in education?

Is anybody looking in to the MNU cheer thing that was posted a little while back, and I want to become a teacher do i major in the subject or in education?
With going straight into education the plan for you to take the state certification test is already expected typically, but it may be more specific to those teaching elementary education,etc. depending on the school. If you major in something non-education and then take the certification test seperate then you may get a larger view of your subject but could be required to take more difficult levels of the subject. A non education major can give you the possibility of more options after college aside from mostly just teaching, but then again no major truly just restricts you to a certain job....just makes it more difficult to get there sometimes.

I would :
-look at both degree plans
-decide whether you think you want to go the k-6 or 6-12 route
-go from there and perhaps visit an undergraduate counselor if you know for sure that you want to go to that school

With going straight into education the plan for you to take the state certification test is already expected typically, but it may be more specific to those teaching elementary education,etc. depending on the school. If you major in something non-education and then take the certification test seperate then you may get a larger view of your subject but could be required to take more difficult levels of the subject. A non education major can give you the possibility of more options after college aside from mostly just teaching, but then again no major truly just restricts you to a certain job....just makes it more difficult to get there sometimes.

I would :
-look at both degree plans
-decide whether you think you want to go the k-6 or 6-12 route
-go from there and perhaps visit an undergraduate counselor if you know for sure that you want to go to that school
what do you suggests i do for 6-12

Does anyone know anything about Elon university? I talked with a rep at a college fair a couple weeks ago and they are great for physical therapy which is what I'm looking into.

Does anyone know anything about Elon university? I talked with a rep at a college fair a couple weeks ago and they are great for physical therapy which is what I'm looking into.
I wanted to go to Elon really badly! It's a smaller school, which I like, and the campus is beautiful. They have a really strong study abroad program, and it's pretty cheap for a private school (27,000 tution 9,000 room and board.) I looked into a lot, but ultimately I can't apply because I can't afford to go anywhere that requires me flying haha. It's an awesome school though!

I want really want to go to Ithaca. It's in upstate New York, 60 miles from Syracuse

i was accepted into ithaca! they gave me a really great merit scholarship too. it's a great school, but i recommend visiting. it's in the middle of nowhere so you have to make sure you like the environment.

i was accepted into ithaca! they gave me a really great merit scholarship too. it's a great school, but i recommend visiting. it's in the middle of nowhere so you have to make sure you like the environment.
Ahh lucky! I'm applying, but I'm trying to convince one of my parents two take me there. According to google maps, it's like a seven hour drive...and there's no airport. So no ones too excited :rolleyes:

Back