Off Topic
My ACT score was 24, I totally bombed the math part :(

I got into all the school I applied to.
-University of Minnesota
-Marquette University
-University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
-University of Wisconsin Eau Claire
-Midland University

Not really any big name cheer schools (minus MN) but my parents can't really afford to send me out of state when they had to pay for two other kids to be at school at the same time. Which is why I couldn't go to my dream school, University of Minnesota :(

So, even though I'm old, if I go back to school with you, does this mean I can cheer for the Packers? Do they need an assistant coach or anything? Because for real though, I would pay about a million dollars to take that field. I'm so jealous.

I grew up in Minnesota, and trust me-you don't want to be around those yucky Vikings fans.

Just curious... what were everyone's scores (ACT/SAT)? And what school do you attend/get accepted to based on those scores.
The best I got on the SAT at once was a 2060. My superscore was a 2110 (I took it twice). And I never took the ACT.
I got into Rice University (attending), University of Miami, Azusa Pacific, UC Irvine, and UC Davis.

Wow, we have some smart Fierceboarders up in here and people think cheerleaders are dumb... pshhhhh.

But since you all shared yours, I guess it's only fair I share mine.

I got a 34 on my ACT's (only took it once), my highest single SAT score without writing was a 1470. I got into PITT (where I go), Penn State, WVU, Notre Dame, Cornell and a few others but those were the big ones. So glad I decided to go to a big school!!

So, even though I'm old, if I go back to school with you, does this mean I can cheer for the Packers? Do they need an assistant coach or anything? Because for real though, I would pay about a million dollars to take that field. I'm so jealous.

I grew up in Minnesota, and trust me-you don't want to be around those yucky Vikings fans.

Hahaha yeah, as long as you are a UWGB student and tryout and make the team then you are good to go!
We're good with coaches right now. We have one main coach and two assistants. But if you ever come to Green Bay then let me know and I'll sneak you into my duffel bag on game day ;)

I've always wanted to cheer on Minnesota's all girl team. Love them, my dream team.

I'm going to UCF :D that's how I was when I visited UCF. I didn't want to leave! I knew it was perfect. I told my mom, "This is it. I just know". Applied to housing and everything!

Wait, thats so exciting! I feel like I've seen you post about college for a while now, so thats super duper exciting! I had plans to apply to and go to UCF as I fell in love after my tour. Yet, I never got around to actually applying which is sad because I LOVED it. I hope you have an awesome time there!

Wait, thats so exciting! I feel like I've seen you post about college for a while now, so thats super duper exciting! I had plans to apply to and go to UCF as I fell in love after my tour. Yet, I never got around to actually applying which is sad because I LOVED it. I hope you have an awesome time there!
Thank you!! Aww you should still apply! Because maybe I'd see you on campus :D

I've been looking into FSU lately, and both of my parents went there, but i hear it's REALLY hard to get in to... I haven't taken my ACT yet but when we took the PLAN test my predicted ACT score was a 26-28 i think? is that good or bad? haha...

Quick Question: i am thinking about doing PSEO next year and i was wondering if that helps your chances in getting into college or hurt them? i know my friend didn't get into OSU (ohio state) because she did PSEO because they would have rather her not take the courses yet. Has anyone ever done this? Is it helpful?

Old Dominion University next fall, and have pipe dreams of trying out for the University of Kentucky next next fall.

Right now I'm a sophomore. But when it's time to apply I really want to major Pre-Law & definitely apply to Yale, Princeton, & Harvard but does anyone have some great Pre-Law colleges that have better acceptance rates?

Right now I'm a sophomore. But when it's time to apply I really want to major Pre-Law & definitely apply to Yale, Princeton, & Harvard but does anyone have some great Pre-Law colleges that have better acceptance rates?

Well, there really isn't such a thing as a "pre-law" major. There are some majors, like philosophy or political science, that are fairly popular among students who end up deciding to go to law school, but in reality, you can major in anything and still go to law school. Unlike pre-med, there isn't really a set of courses you're required to take in order to be eligible to go to law school. Of course, there are various student organizations that are geared towards students who are looking to go to law school, but as far as majors/classes are concerned, you just need to make sure you take courses that help you develop your reading/writing/critical & analytical thinking skills.

As far as actually getting into law school is concerned, your actual undergraduate school really isn't all that important. The two major things law schools consider when looking at an applicant is LSAT score/undergraduate GPA. In that respect, a candidate who doesn't go to an Ivy League school for undergrad but has a stellar GPA would generally be more preferable to a law school admissions staff than a Yale graduate who only got a 2.5.

It's really important to not base your choice for undergrad on where you assume will make it easier to get into law school, because the influence of your undergraduate school is really limited. Tour a variety of colleges and find out where you think you'll feel comfortable as a student. Then, once you're there, work hard to get a great GPA, get an internship at a law firm, or at least talk to a wide variety of lawyers to get a feel for if being a lawyer is actually for you. I'm in the pre-law organization at my university, and there's a considerable number of active members who have no interest in going to law school, even though that was the only thing they saw themselves doing as freshmen.

Well, there really isn't such a thing as a "pre-law" major. There are some majors, like philosophy or political science, that are fairly popular among students who end up deciding to go to law school, but in reality, you can major in anything and still go to law school. Unlike pre-med, there isn't really a set of courses you're required to take in order to be eligible to go to law school. Of course, there are various student organizations that are geared towards students who are looking to go to law school, but as far as majors/classes are concerned, you just need to make sure you take courses that help you develop your reading/writing/critical & analytical thinking skills.

As far as actually getting into law school is concerned, your actual undergraduate school really isn't all that important. The two major things law schools consider when looking at an applicant is LSAT score/undergraduate GPA. In that respect, a candidate who doesn't go to an Ivy League school for undergrad but has a stellar GPA would generally be more preferable to a law school admissions staff than a Yale graduate who only got a 2.5.

It's really important to not base your choice for undergrad on where you assume will make it easier to get into law school, because the influence of your undergraduate school is really limited. Tour a variety of colleges and find out where you think you'll feel comfortable as a student. Then, once you're there, work hard to get a great GPA, get an internship at a law firm, or at least talk to a wide variety of lawyers to get a feel for if being a lawyer is actually for you. I'm in the pre-law organization at my university, and there's a considerable number of active members who have no interest in going to law school, even though that was the only thing they saw themselves doing as freshmen.
The reason I love those three schools is because they mean so much to me. My grandma attended Yale, my Mom attended Harvard & my Brother Princeton. I've grown up around these campuses so they've always felt like home. I know there technically isn't a "pre-law" program but I plan on taking the same steps my brother did. He majored in business & I've seen how much it has helped him in the field. If accepted to any of the three I will go, but they're highly selective so I want to have a plan b, c & d.

I've been looking into FSU lately, and both of my parents went there, but i hear it's REALLY hard to get in to... I haven't taken my ACT yet but when we took the PLAN test my predicted ACT score was a 26-28 i think? is that good or bad? haha...

That's a good score! Mine predicted a 23-25 and I ended up getting a 28, which I got the second time I took it (first time I got a 24). Do you know what the average ACT score of accepted students/freshman class to FSU is? Or the range they normall accept?

Back