Competition Cheer Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 1, 2017
Hey everyone. I am a second year coach that is working on competition material for my squad. This is our first year ever competing. I am at a huge struggle creating a cheer (my mind is in 100 different places right now due to a health issue my child is going thru). We are the Bulldogs and our colors are black, gold, white. Any help would be great!

Welcome. Once released to the Wild you can look for and post in a thread that already exists for people needing help. A lot of people dont read the newbie forums so you should have better luck there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many are on the team? What is the name of the school? How many can tumble?

I made up a really short part of the cheer: "Black, gold, and white, BULLDOGS, alright *clap* *clap*"

Keep it simple and easy for crowd to repeat. If you use signs make sure you show them before you expect the crowd to say them. I highly suggest watching some of the College and High School videos from UCA to get an idea. Also if you are using signs, make sure either the whole word is on one sign, or each letter is on a sign. No weird splits like BUL-LD-OGS. At coach clinics they have mentioned how much they hate that. If you aren't spelling out the mascot in the cheer then use signs with the word all on one sign.

Also when I say simple I mean simple, "Yell it Black-Black, Yell it White-White, Yell it Gold, Gold" *repeat* Then "all together, all together yell it black white and gold, black white and gold, black white and gold, black white and gold". "Let's go Bulldogs, yell with us let's go bulldogs, let's go bulldogs, let's go bulldogs".

If it's too involved the crowd won't know what or when to yell.

Hi! We did a cheer in this similar structure, not words cause my colors and mascot were completely different but the crowd got really into it during the competition so it's just an idea.

Hey Bulldogs! Hey Bulldogs!
Let's unite,
Yell our colors,
Black, Gold, White
Black, Gold, White
Black, Gold, White

Come on
Bulldogs show our might
Yell with us,
Fight Bulldogs Fight
Fight Bulldogs Fight
Fight Bulldogs Fight

Black Gold White
Fight Bulldogs Fight
Black Gold White
Fight Bulldogs Fight

Hi @kroliver38,
I would also recommend that you check out some past competitions for the event producer that you plan to attend competitions with. In some cases judges only want to see 2 to 4 - 8 counts of cheer, more of a change, while others want to experience a sideline cheer.

Thanks both of you! This is our first year competing, so it's all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back