All-Star Competition Order Affecting Scores?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the argument could go either way. If you're after an awful team, the judges will be more impressed with your team, therefore score you higher. If you go after a really good team, the judges may not be as impressed, therefore lower score. I don't think it's necessarily the order, more of the skill level of the team ahead of you

They are a bit more than simply an EP in my opinion, they also act as a form of governing body for cheer in Australia, along with other Australian organisations. It is definitely a different structure to what they have in the US, and that was merely what I was trying to explain so as to contextualise my response to BlueCat. I also never said that the highest point award was accurate or anything of the like, I didn't even bring that up, I was merely mentioning that the scores in each division, and for each category, are published, that is all.

I can't see how the govern cheer at all... Do you have an example?

I can't see how the govern cheer at all... Do you have an example?

They are an Australian representative of the IASF and USASF, which are the international governing authorities in safety, divisions, credentialing etc., and they implement these decisions into Australian cheer (eg. running credentialing, age division changes, appropriate uniform/makeup etc.).

They are an Australian representative of the IASF and USASF, which are the international governing authorities in safety, divisions, credentialing etc., and they implement these decisions into Australian cheer (eg. running credentialing, age division changes, appropriate uniform/makeup etc.).

All of that comes from IASF, they just implement it like any other EP, and Australia currently has no representation with USASF or IASF.

All of that comes from IASF, they just implement it like any other EP, and Australia currently has no representation with USASF or IASF.

That's exactly what I said, they implement it. But as the largest EP they have considerable influence and so implementing such measures has a governing effect in that it exercises a directing/restraining influence over cheer in Australia. As to your last comment, that may be something you'll need to take up with them, since they publicly claim to be "affiliated with and an Australian representative of the IASF and the USASF".

Back