All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Confession - as June approaches and my cp will be graduating HS, I struggle to refrain from nagging my husband to agree to adopt a "fierce 5-7 year old girl" E V E R Y. D A Y.

I'm 22 and was an only child until my parents adopted a little girl from China this summer. She's two now and I hope every day she will choose gymnastics or cheer when she gets older

To all the parents with their "fruity drinks" or "cheer drinks", however you might call them, just don't be that parent. The one who is so trashed that they make a fool out of themselves. I've seen it happen. Just be good moms and dads near little kids:)

I really can´t stand this. I won´t deny that i had one or two drinks at two-day-comps at night when i was travelling with my seniors (when the underaged were safe in their bedrooms).
But i don´t do this anymore, and i would yell at parents that get drunk at competitions.

Like... you are here to support your kid and NOT to have a Tequilla Party with the other parents. :mad:

A cheer mom confession:
I may or may not have been really proud seeing my Youth L3 CP stunting with my senior flyers (grown women) and hitting stunts the senior bases struggle with.
Yes, i feel a little bit ashamed for that, but how can´t a mother be proud about that?

Ugh. I wore a bow in my hair this weekend. :(

It was awful.. But I was forced to purchase it to support the EPs charity and then one of the other cheer moms grabbed it and forced it onto my head. It was before turned the "wrong" way for cheer and there was no high pony involved but my husband made fun of me all day and the snotty group of moms behind me were actually talking about me at one point. (Rude and unnecessary) I'd say 80% of our programs moms bought and wore them and we were the top fundraisers because of it.

Never again! Unless its for a good cause.. Lol

Ugh. I wore a bow in my hair this weekend. :(

It was awful.. But I was forced to purchase it to support the EPs charity and then one of the other cheer moms grabbed it and forced it onto my head. It was before turned the "wrong" way for cheer and there was no high pony involved but my husband made fun of me all day and the snotty group of moms behind me were actually talking about me at one point. (Rude and unnecessary) I'd say 80% of our programs moms bought and wore them and we were the top fundraisers because of it.

Never again! Unless its for a good cause.. Lol

That wasn't nice. :(

They were probably drunk, cartwheeling down the halls, buying drinks for bases, kind of moms.

I remembered this one last night after one of my girls came to practice crying. (This is a coaches confession but I figured it would be appreciated here.).

I once banned boyfriends from attending competitions for 2 years because one particular boy would come to competitions with his girlfriend and then break up with her. Before she went onstage. So she was a crying hot mess. Before she went onstage. This happened twice before I just said "NO BOYFRIENDS ALLOWED". What a little turd. What an annoying rule to have to make!

I remembered this one last night after one of my girls came to practice crying. (This is a coaches confession but I figured it would be appreciated here.).

I once banned boyfriends from attending competitions for 2 years because one particular boy would come to competitions with his girlfriend and then break up with her. Before she went onstage. So she was a crying hot mess. Before she went onstage. This happened twice before I just said "NO BOYFRIENDS ALLOWED". What a little turd. What an annoying rule to have to make!

Oh my, that happend to me one time. The girl got a call (yes, a phone call - she was better off without him), and he told her that he wants to break up and that he´s dating some other girl - that kind of stuff. We were right before warm-ups.
Lucky boy, that it was about 600 km away and he was not at this competition while telling her this.
I would have hang him up outside of the building on his pants. Really.
Why can´t you WAIT for 2 more days?

Quoting my old coach "I like when you guys don't have boyfriends"

What an awkward ride home if they came together! We had a similar incident at practice, but over text. Kids get a break, run for their phones. One girl is visibly upset by what she reads and spends the rest of practice wiping tears from her eyes between stunts.

Okay, maybe this is just me, but I always thought it was a little ridiculous having boyfriends come to comps anyway. The teams are there to focus, warm up and compete. This is team time, not boyfriend time. One day of one comp of the season okay, but the ones who come to every comp -:confused:. And the boys on teams who brought girlfriends - sorry, it just looked like they were there to keep an eye on their BF while he is massively outnumbered by girls. And to show I am an equal opportunity party pooper, I thought the same thing at my son's baseball games when the girlfriends came to every game. One or two, fine, be supportive - but EVERY game.....

Back