All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Seat stalkers unite!!

I'd love to learn more about your snack smuggling methods.

And if we're really going underground, we'd all love a cheer voodoo lesson.

Shoe cases!! They never check the shoe cases... and if they even thought of checking my daughter's, they'd keel over from the less than pleasant sweaty foot odor.

Gift wrap. Most appropriate for your Christmas themed competitions, but can be modified for pretend birthdays or big sister/brother, little sister/brother gifts. Once in your seat, unwrap and enjoy!

Maybe I'll look into conducting a voodoo seminar at NCA or Cheersport this year...

I'm down for one at CheerSport!

Have kept CP home from school the last two days because she is on the border of truly turning sick sick and we travel to a decent sized two day comp this weekend and Dallas next weekend. I have spent too much time and too much money and she has put in too much sweat equity, grit and determination to have these next two weekends spent not being able to breathe and hacking through the whole routine. New gym for us. First trip to Dallas, excited. Doubt that Atlanta comp sees our gym next year either. Said they wouldn't go back again after last year. Took one team this year not taking to Dallas since Varsity bought them, our gym is a pro Varsity score sheet gym, and I think majority of our teams will go to Dallas next year. Last year took two teams, this year three are going. Next year, I believe five or six of our teams will attend Dallas. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of moms on Friday night. CAmamakat

I got caught doing the voodoo fingers at Cheersport. And it wasn't even for my cp's division. It was at the request of a friend. (The voodoo fingers have been very powerful this season. Kind of scary). Pretty funny actually. This mom looks behind her, sees me and says "Now you just cut that out! I know what that is!"

I got caught doing the voodoo fingers at Cheersport. And it wasn't even for my cp's division. It was at the request of a friend. (The voodoo fingers have been very powerful this season. Kind of scary). Pretty funny actually. This mom looks behind her, sees me and says "Now you just cut that out! I know what that is!"

best. post. ever.:chestbump:

I used the food smuggling methods for the first time this past weekend. Worked like a charm! I wrapped my snacks in gift wrap, AND put them in a shoe case. My cp shook her head at me but she sure did eat those snacks.
Going to use this next time. I hate it when they make you throw away a perfectly good beverage you got on the drive on the way over.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

c'mon justin. you don't have any cheer mom confessions?
Well, if I'm being honest:

My mother was a not a very involved cheer mom. She had a hard time relating to the cheer moms. When they would get together and make us cards/signs or bake cookies for a bake sale fundraiser, she would pull me aside and say "Justin, I don't cook and I don't do arts and crafts, so here's $20."

On the flip side, she LOVED to critique my stunting. I got my toss to hands pretty fast, but it took me forever to nail a liberty. The first time I did my liberty at a competition, she said: honey, that one-leg stunt was nice, but I liked it better when you threw that girl up and her feet landed on your hands..."

Sometimes when the teams that are going against Babydonna's team are on, I do that thing from Caddyshack...you know..."Noonan! Miss it! Nnnnoonan! Mmmiss it!" I try to be sportsman like, but then...well...you know how it goes. :oops:

I must be from the South... Around here we call that the "cheer sniper" :D

Back