All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay, maybe this is just me, but I always thought it was a little ridiculous having boyfriends come to comps anyway. The teams are there to focus, warm up and compete. This is team time, not boyfriend time. One day of one comp of the season okay, but the ones who come to every comp -:confused:. And the boys on teams who brought girlfriends - sorry, it just looked like they were there to keep an eye on their BF while he is massively outnumbered by girls. And to show I am an equal opportunity party pooper, I thought the same thing at my son's baseball games when the girlfriends came to every game. One or two, fine, be supportive - but EVERY game.....
Also, don't they have things to do? Like I can go to cheer comps every weekend because that's what I do, but if you aren't a part of it it seems like you would have things to do on the weekends....
It's especially bad when the boyfriend is like super homophobic and gets weird every time they see a male cheerleader... even if they aren't gay. Like really? Stay home then...

Okay, maybe this is just me, but I always thought it was a little ridiculous having boyfriends come to comps anyway. The teams are there to focus, warm up and compete. This is team time, not boyfriend time. One day of one comp of the season okay, but the ones who come to every comp -:confused:. And the boys on teams who brought girlfriends - sorry, it just looked like they were there to keep an eye on their BF while he is massively outnumbered by girls. And to show I am an equal opportunity party pooper, I thought the same thing at my son's baseball games when the girlfriends came to every game. One or two, fine, be supportive - but EVERY game.....
i brought my boyfriend to one and felt so bad afterwards he literally sat in the stands with my parents for 5 hours while i was in warmups and doing team stuff and then after we competed i made him sit and watch the college level teams then i dragged him around with all my friends and he had no idea what we were talking about, after that i just didnt really invite him because i figured id just send him a video of the performance lol

I went to all of my boyfriends baseball games I could make it to my freshman year. I think I only missed 3. Baseball is time consuming and so is cheerleading so basically the only time I could hang out with him was after the game... But I also love baseball, so that's another reason I went. :p

^^^^ good points, especially about the lack of free time. And that love of baseball should serve you well.;)
I'm going to marry an MLB player... Just wait for it;)
But having to sit through the games sometimes was awful. He played JV and varsity and they played the same day usually. And when it was a double header for JV and varsity.. dedication. All i can say is thank god I like baseball unless I may have gone absolutely insane.

Here's my confession after this weekend's SOH competition. My CP's team did horribly. They actually had a stunt group completely collapse (not my CP's thank the Lord), I mean flyer, bases & backspot on the ground. This is a J3 team, so not like she's coming down from a kick double :confused: ...not to mention the numerous other things that went wrong. So, I totally ditched the awards ceremony (just me, CP was of course on stage with her team). The Spirit of Hope awards ceremony is great, if you've never been. If you've seen it you've seen it. Can't deal with the video about Hope (leaves me a sobbing wreck), the drum line and Patchy the Pirate announcer year after year. We knew her team got last place. When the coaches brought the girls back to our meeting room we played it off like we'd been there the whole time...yep, I'm horrible.

I went to all of my boyfriends baseball games I could make it to my freshman year. I think I only missed 3. Baseball is time consuming and so is cheerleading so basically the only time I could hang out with him was after the game... But I also love baseball, so that's another reason I went. :p

I hate that my boyfriends home soccer games are always on sundays while i have cheer practise. I´m really supportive and i would love (and he would love it, too) to go to every game. But i just can´t.

On the other side, i just don´t want him at competitions. I have no time to hang with him, i´m always with my team and the youth team i coach, and i feel sorry for him sitting around just waiting to watch our performances.
And he makes me nervous :help:

But kudos, he was at a competition with me (he was my driver) where i was judging and he was sitting there all day long and watching the teams.

I hate that my boyfriends home soccer games are always on sundays while i have cheer practise. I´m really supportive and i would love (and he would love it, too) to go to every game. But i just can´t.

On the other side, i just don´t want him at competitions. I have no time to hang with him, i´m always with my team and the youth team i coach, and i feel sorry for him sitting around just waiting to watch our performances.
And he makes me nervous :help:

But kudos, he was at a competition with me (he was my driver) where i was judging and he was sitting there all day long and watching the teams.

I guess my boyfriend's celebrity twin would be Justin Bieber. I don't really see it, but other people do. And last year I made my him come to a comp (he hates cheerleading :rolleyes:) and we were sitting in the stands after I got off the floor and like 10 of the little girls from my gym come up to us and scream at the top of their lungs "OH MY GOD ALLIE YOU'RE DATING JUSTIN BIEBER". He was SO embarrassed and turned so red. I thought it was hilarious but I don't think he'll ever be seen at another competition again.

Confessions of a cheer mom with 2 CPs.
- My oldest CP is a much better school cheerleader than an all-star cheerleader
- My youngest is a much better all-star cheerleader than a school cheerleader
- I love cheer more than my CPs do. And yes I was a cheerleader in high school and not ashamed to admit it.
- I will video tape both of my CPs teams' routines and will watch them over and over again looking at every imaginable detail
- I am extremely upset that both of my CPs were taken out of their running tumbling passes. One was replaced by someone who busted last comp. (CP has never busted at comp but was struggling at practice due to injury that has since healed) The other CP was taken out because she was pausing in her front punch step out which the other cheerleader does the exact same thing and didn't even complete the pass at the last comp. Needless to say both of these other cheerleaders are the coach's favorites. I completely understand that if my CP doesn't have the skill then yes take her out...but don't leave the other one in who is also struggling with it...change the tumbling pass. I also understand about recovering from an injury but if she has demonstrated that she can throw the pass at practice several times, then put her back in.
- Seriously considering changing gyms because of these actions. This is the only gym we have ever been at going on 8 years and it makes me sad. It has been our home away from home and our extended family.
- Actually kind of excited to check out the big gyms in our area to see what it's like at CA, SOT, Champion, etc. Always thought we would stay at our small gym until both CPs graduated.
- I am not going to apologize for judging other cheerleader's skills. I judge my own CPs just as harshly.

I actually confessed this to my CP last week. She laughed.
Here's one for ya.......

Yes, I got to every practice of CP's. This started from her first cheer class when she was 3. Many like to jump to conclusions and place me in the catagory of 'psyco cheer mom' becuse I'm always there.

The truth.........we all have our 'rules' for our kids that we will not budge on. One of my biggest ones (and it was my parents also) is you always respect your elders, teacher, coaches, ect. I wanted to be there to make sure she not only did that, but she listened and did what she was told.

Thankfully I was blessed with a child that wanted to do right (just the opposite of me at that age). But it still became a habbit. And when we transferred to the unnamed gym, rumor was that the coach yelled at the kids. I was going to make damn sure if she didn't do anything to get yelled at as far as behavior.......I never thought about the asthma!!

I have spent all her years in gyms. I am thouroughly shocked at the lack of respect from the kids. If my CP acted like that, I would have pulled her a long time ago!!

As I am doing laundry after this competition weekend, I confess this...mismatched socks DO NOT work with my OCD! I just got back from Target as I tossed out all mismatched socks and bought brand new, all white, bleachable socks. Somehow mismatch creeps back into the laundry!

Latest posts

Back