All-Star Confessions Of An International Fierceboarder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I said German Cheerlebrities, not in the sense of American ones ;) I've witnessed it - they get spoken to, are known by many. Just minus the discussion of them on forums, etc.

okay yeah for German circumstances you could prob consider them Cheerlebrities , along with the FTG people and some others , when i said we don't have that here i meant the extreme side , the Fans , discussions etc :)

Sorry, if this sounds somewhat snobbish, but for those of you who want more tumbling, is there a gymnastics gym anywhere near you? It's no doubt the gymnasts are beautiful tumblers and maybe working with them instead of cheer tumbling coaches would help you advance? It's just an Idea :)

i can only really speak for the UK, the reason why we have a distinct lack of tumbling is because it was never part of our score sheets for a long time. it scored you extra if you had it, but you were lucky if you seen 1/2 backhandsprings TOTAL at a competition. A good few years ago it became a compulsory part of our score sheets, since then we have built and built on what we have but we do not have the experience and facilities, gyms are pretty rare here, gymnastics facilities are a little easier to come by but you will pay just as much to attend there as you would for your cheer.

the coaches ive worked with have gained the experience now but we have many senior teams (age 14+) that are starting from cartwheels, in church halls etc they arent progressing to fulls etc at a fast pace but the younger teams coming out are mostly level appropriate and as they get older their skills are progressing, give it 5/6 years and i HOPE our senior teams will be team tumbling at level 5

things are definitely on the up for international tumbling, it is not through lack of trying for most athletes ... there are still programmes that haven't moved with the times and realised we need to work the WHOLE scoresheet

i can only really speak for the UK, the reason why we have a distinct lack of tumbling is because it was never part of our score sheets for a long time. it scored you extra if you had it, but you were lucky if you seen 1/2 backhandsprings TOTAL at a competition. A good few years ago it became a compulsory part of our score sheets, since then we have built and built on what we have but we do not have the experience and facilities, gyms are pretty rare here, gymnastics facilities are a little easier to come by but you will pay just as much to attend there as you would for your cheer.

the coaches ive worked with have gained the experience now but we have many senior teams (age 14+) that are starting from cartwheels, in church halls etc they arent progressing to fulls etc at a fast pace but the younger teams coming out are mostly level appropriate and as they get older their skills are progressing, give it 5/6 years and i HOPE our senior teams will be team tumbling at level 5

things are definitely on the up for international tumbling, it is not through lack of trying for most athletes ... there are still programmes that haven't moved with the times and realised we need to work the WHOLE scoresheet
Ohhhhh okay. Now I understand :) That's really surprising about the whole score sheet thing though!

Understandable :) Privates in the US cost $30 (usually). I'm very blessed because I live near a gymnastics powerhouse that offers tumbling lessons, but I love my coach and tumble with her :D Hopefully the cheer world will be able to continue advancing!
$30!? I think my mom wouldn't let me take privates every week if it cost that much.. A month of privates would cost $120-150 in addition to the other cheer costs! I guess that's one of the perks of a small, unknown gym... Mine cost $20 (well it's $100 for 5 privates I believe, or $25 if you're just taking one. ) so I'm able to do them pretty often, I do them every week if it fits into my schedule!

i can only really speak for the UK, the reason why we have a distinct lack of tumbling is because it was never part of our score sheets for a long time. it scored you extra if you had it, but you were lucky if you seen 1/2 backhandsprings TOTAL at a competition.

Yes that is very true! My old team used to be considered one of the best (waaaayyy back) yet our senior 4 had about 3/4 backhandsprings? I was on junior 1 and we had 4 roundoffs and then junior 2 where we had 3 bhs and a front handspring yet we used to always come top 3, frequently 1st, until other teams caught up with the times...and we didn't. The team i'm on now takes tumbling seriously!

Oh wow! That's a huge price difference! I have friends on my team who do weekly privates but they have jobs and pay for it on their own... I only do like 1 a month, if that, but I do benefit greatly from them

I see! If I had a job I'd definitely do more privates! You're right they do help!

$30!? I think my mom wouldn't let me take privates every week if it cost that much.. A month of privates would cost $120-150 in addition to the other cheer costs! I guess that's one of the perks of a small, unknown gym... Mine cost $20 (well it's $100 for 5 privates I believe, or $25 if you're just taking one. ) so I'm able to do them pretty often, I do them every week if it fits into my schedule!
:eek: Wow! Lucky... for us its $1 per minute or if you wanna take a semi-private (two people) its $25 per half hour...

Yes that is very true! My old team used to be considered one of the best (waaaayyy back) yet our senior 4 had about 3/4 backhandsprings? I was on junior 1 and we had 4 roundoffs and then junior 2 where we had 3 bhs and a front handspring yet we used to always come top 3, frequently 1st, until other teams caught up with the times...and we didn't. The team i'm on now takes tumbling seriously!

yeh ive been there too, i mean i was on an ag5 team last year we had 1 full and 6/7 jumps to tuck.... but we had everyone else at least throwing a layout (except me :p ) but we needed the stunt challenge. but that is a massive improvement from ag5 teams a few years back that had a standing tuck and one kick double

things are definitely getting there, level 2 is fiercely competitive as a bhs is achievable for most people

The Majors stream at like 9am on a Saturday in Australia... And yes I maybe considered calling in sick to work so I could watch it live

i spend far too much time watching videos of rays ca cea and cali and wishing i could be courtney smith popes or BlueCat shadow for a season so i could bring that experience back to new zealand :)

im always so grateful for all the videos that get posted because being able to watch top teams regularly i believe has really helped to keep us in the loop and improve the standard downunder.

If I ever say something about a new uniform or something to people in "real life" and they ask how I know about it, I always mutter something about someone I know in America telling me because I get pretty much all my info from here :oops:

i got warning from my boss because i always open Fierceboard during work hehe :D you should see my face when i got caught browsing Fierceboard haha :D btw, i will be absolutely fired from my job if i got caught again opening Fierceboard during work hour. that's what my boss said. he was so furious at that time that his face couldn't be uglier (Tazmanian Devil is more handsome than him i guess) oops, i shouldn't say things like that about my boss hehe :p

Latest posts

Back