All-Star Dallas Convention Center

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@specialtpass We sat off to the side in the arena and then slowly worked our way around to section 16. While sitting on the side, we had to frequently ask the people standing along the wall to squat down so we could see. We NEVER saw any security over there policing the stairwells or walkways. Sent the kids to section 16 to get seats - let's face it, they move a lot faster than we do - lol!! Walked up the stairs and started trying to spot the kids and we were immediately told we had to sit down. Um, I am trying to find my kid. Believe me, I plan to sit down. I asked him where was he at when all those people were standing along the wall in the other sections. He just turned around and walked away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I promise I will keep reading, but you have to pay for plastic grocery sacks still has me LOL'ing. CP's dad went to the 7-11 and came back, he doesn't hear all that well. CP: Mom, wow, look at these nice bags. I go the next day. Do you want to buy a bag for your items? Do I what? No, I don't want to "buy" a bag. I asked at CVS where they also make you check yourself out with no bag to put the items in because there are brown bags behind you, but don't try to bag too early!! The Adolphus handed out letters directed to cheerleaders when you checked in saying don't sit on the furniture in the lobby, yada, yada, yada. It was an easy walk, though.

They were threatening to arrest us if the seats were not filled within minutes of the threat.

I can see it now.... Cheer mom in jail covered in glitter (of course).... Talking to other inmates... "I'm in here because I was saving my (insert who ever) seat because their bladder was going to explode if they didn't go to the restroom, and I wouldn't give up their seat because they were coming back in 5 minutes":stupid: Yep us cheer moms, BAD TO THE BONE.

Since when is it against the law to retain a seat while someone who paid for the seat is using the restroom? Can someone from the Dallas Convention Center please provide the Statute showing that you can be arrested for this? I would love to see the judges face when this was brought in front of him that someone was arrested because they were retaining a seat that their child, spouse, friend was sitting in, who just happened to have to go to the restroom.

Of the whole, the arena was disgusting. I only used the bathroom there once and there was a woman cleaning it so I didn't have those issues (although she did promptly go sit down and get on her phone when she finished). But the running joke by our team room was people finding napkins to take with them to the bathroom since there was no TP.

[/

Last edited:
Oh I have photos...lots of them. They will be included in my letters to NCA, Varsity, and the management of the convention center. I cannot even begin to describe my level of dissatisfaction over this event. I can only hope that if we all spoke up that at least the cleanliness of the venue would be addressed before next year (and maybe the food situation too).

STP...hate it, but I don't think it's going anywhere.

Man my exciting to go to NCA is dwindling by the seconds... So if my CP ends up going next year I should bring lots of trash bags, my own potty and TP!

YUP, AND DON'T FORGET THE SOAP AND PAPER TOWELS, UNLESS YOU LIKE DRYING YOUR HANDS ON YOUR PANT !!! (Sorry for yelling)

Last edited:
Man my exciting to go to NCA is dwindling by the seconds... So if my CP ends up going next year I should bring lots of trash bags, my own potty and TP!?

Yes, you might want to! On Sunday before we went back to watch LAG I actually thought about bringing a roll of TP with me from the hotel but I thought surely everything would be stocked up by then. I also thought if it wasn't maybe I could sell squares to recoup some of my money sent that weekend. But then I forgot it and it all went down hill from there.

lol, I'll also bring some extra shoes, I heard the floors were disgusting! Maybe I'll have a pop up tent and sell toilet paper and some hot decent food ;)

Girl, we can make a killing...You in one tent selling toilet paper, food and I be in the next tent selling soap, paper towel and forks, knives and spoons...We split the profits 25/75 - you, 25% the first day and I take 75% the 2nd day,,, yessir, Cha-Ching!

Back