OT Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Well that episode was a blood bath!

As sad as it is, I appreciate the blood bath.

What usually seems to happen is that Kelly/Judy HANG ON to girls with obvious issues until the very last second. Then there are at least one or two of the "hang on" girls who actually makes the team and you have no idea how.

Like, if there are 4 "obvious issues" girls, two of them will remain on the show until the last two eps, then be cut one by one.

Then the other two seem to magically make the team somehow, even though at the last practice K or J had JUST warned them about (for example) memory issues. Then you wonder how you can go from "omg your kicks!" to making the squad in two practices.

I think Kelli and Judy are aware of the concessions that they have made for girls in the past (ex: taking girls with below average kicks) and were trying to get away from that.

I was wondering and piggybacking on @oncecoolcoachnowmom last message about placement of unworthy athletes toward the end of audition. Have DCCC ever bring back an athlete that was cut, due to illness or had more potential than they first notice? I just finished watching an episode where an athlete quit because she decided to take a demanding science course... I know on other shows like SYTYCD, etc... bought back eliminated athletes, have DCC ever done this?

I was wondering and piggybacking on @oncecoolcoachnowmom last message about placement of unworthy athletes toward the end of audition. Have DCCC ever bring back an athlete that was cut, due to illness or had more potential than they first notice? I just finished watching an episode where an athlete quit because she decided to take a demanding science course... I know on other shows like SYTYCD, etc... bought back eliminated athletes, have DCC ever done this?

To my knowledge, this has never happened. Once the official team is named, if someone gets hurt they just adjust with the injury. Typically the girl still does appearances, but doesn't perform.

I agree with @oncecoolcoachnowmom with there always being a few who make you wonder how they got on the team, but knowing the team selected and after watching the blood bath---I think they missed about 4 others to cut as well. This years rookie class, while large, is probably the most uninspiring in the past few seasons. With the exceptions of Holly P., I haven't fallen in love with any of them.

Last edited:
Thanks to y'all I am now watching this show. I hate you!!

It is actually very watchable and I am enjoying it way more than I ever thought I would.

You're welcome! The previous 9 seasons are all on the CMT website to watch for free as well :)

You're welcome! The previous 9 seasons are all on the CMT website to watch for free as well :)
Well now I know what I am doing the next couple of weeks! CMT has also been rerunning Season 7 so I have been watching that already thanks to my DVR.

To my knowledge, this has never happened. Once the official team is named, if someone gets hurt they just adjust with the injury. Typically the girl still does appearances, but doesn't perform.

I agree with @oncecoolcoachnowmom with there always being a few who make you wonder how they got on the team, but knowing the team selected and after watching the blood bath---I think they missed about 4 others to cut as well. This years rookie class, while large, is probably the most uninspiring in the past few seasons. With the exceptions of Holly P., I haven't fallen in love with any of them.
You're right about the class this year. I just wasn't really rooting for anyone other than Holly. I don't know if it was how they edited the show or if it was talent. Kind of disappointing, really.

As sad as it is, I appreciate the blood bath.

What usually seems to happen is that Kelly/Judy HANG ON to girls with obvious issues until the very last second. Then there are at least one or two of the "hang on" girls who actually makes the team and you have no idea how.

Like, if there are 4 "obvious issues" girls, two of them will remain on the show until the last two eps, then be cut one by one.

Then the other two seem to magically make the team somehow, even though at the last practice K or J had JUST warned them about (for example) memory issues. Then you wonder how you can go from "omg your kicks!" to making the squad in two practices.

I think Kelli and Judy are aware of the concessions that they have made for girls in the past (ex: taking girls with below average kicks) and were trying to get away from that.

Well one year Kelly and Judy did sashay into the dance room and tell everyone that this was the final team to "ease everyone's nerves" when they all thought there was a final cut that night and team pics were the following day

TBH that year they still had some girls that seemed like they still needed to be cut based on their struggle edit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

They don't adjust with the injury, they pull alums. They're serious about making those lines and formations work

This year someone was hurt or couldn't perform (Kinzie Rusco) for either preseason or the opening and they pulled Mia Greenhouse
5df31cfa98f7b1c4135ff721c6ffcac4.jpg

A few years ago a girl got hurt, and they pulled Cassie Trammell even though she'd retired because of her knee.

Those are the All-Star girl's which work for the organization anyway; I mean they don't pull from those they let go.

You're right about the class this year. I just wasn't really rooting for anyone other than Holly. I don't know if it was how they edited the show or if it was talent. Kind of disappointing, really.

I think it's a bit of both. The rookie class was bigger than it has been recently and with only being an 8 episode show, they don't have the time to really put a ton into it.

Those are the All-Star girl's which work for the organization anyway; I mean they don't pull from those they let go.

I was just pointing out the that they aren't going to leave holes for a game and they have options so they won't have to pull from someone that got cut. And Cassie was retired. Granted she was Judy's daughter but they still pulled her from retirement

Well one year Kelly and Judy did sashay into the dance room and tell everyone that this was the final team to "ease everyone's nerves" when they all thought there was a final cut that night and team pics were the following day

TBH that year they still had some girls that seemed like they still needed to be cut based on their struggle edit.

YES. This is what I am referring to. There will be a girl or three who are just NOT there yet and have obvious issues.

Then they're like "This is our final team!"

Then I'm sitting at home like "But you just said Suzie had the worst kicks out of the entire group." What.

YES. This is what I am referring to. There will be a girl or three who are just NOT there yet and have obvious issues.

Then they're like "This is our final team!"

Then I'm sitting at home like "But you just said Suzie had the worst kicks out of the entire group." What.

I sometimes read a DCC forum, apparently there's all kinds of favouritism. A girl a few seasons ago had memorization problems but allegedly made the team because she had lessons with Kitty for years and was one of her favourites. I don't know for certain if it's true, but honestly it would not surprise me.

Back