All-Star Dallas Nca National

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 1, 2010
Hello, our Gym is from California and are attending NCA nationals in Dallas. I was wondering if anyone who is familiar with Dallas or lives there can give me any ideas for places to go for team bonding and it is also my Daughters Birthday that weekend and wanted to try to plan something! Thank you for your help!!!

richard's Last Resort has always been a hit in the past with team dinners. Not sure what you are looking for. But richard's Last Resort is right in town there.

Not sure of the age group of your team, but last year the Zoo in Dallas had $5 admission in February.

ETA.....Not that I condone this idea at all at such an important competition but there's an ice skating rink at the Galleria Mall. LOL

This is true. I always booked WAY in advance for team dinners. If the schedule forced us to change, then I dealt with it then, but to get a "spot" I would call like, NOW and reserve something.

I LOVE the galeria! I think kids would like that! Also you can walk around the West End in Dallas and shop and eat, so much fun! If you have any questions on Dallas, I'm your girl :) I live like 20 minutes away from it so I've been to alot of fun places around there!

Just Beware of the Taxi drivers !!!! Make sure you strike your deal and maybe even share with others..but they are BRUTAL !!! One guy kicked a mom and kid out when she balked at his price ....she had to walk back to conv.center and get back in huge line waiting for cabs...they will change the price when you get where you are going...Be Ready !! I was told $40 to the airport..got there and he wanted $50.. so I drew a line thru the tip ( just had credit card) He started screaming and chased us into airport. Was kinda funny actually as our CP's were Seniors. Would not have laughed if we had little ones....Good Luck !! NCA was a great experiance.. Competition very well run and venue is unbelievable. But very happy I never have to go back.....too pricey all the way around..

I would look into the Galleria definately. For the younger ones there is an American girl store/bistro and an ice skating rink (after competing of course!). For the older ones there are a ton of shops anywhere from H&M to Zara to Betsey Johnson to Louis Vitton and a wide range of restaurants. I have also heard good things about the Dallas aquarium as well, but y'all have some fantastic aqariums such as the Monterrey Bay Aqarium or the Aqarium of the Pacific out in Cali so I'm not sure if thats something y'all would want to do in Dallas. The zoo is alright, but a bit small in my opinion compared to the Fort Worth one on the other side of the metroplex, and again nothing like the San Diego Zoo or anything. If your kids would be into a themed dinner then for the 15/16+ up kids I would reccomend richard's last resort but make reservations and be prepared for it to be very busy...... Usually more entertaining in a big group as well. Also it has to be earlier in the evening prior to 10pm i believe it is, as thats when the drinks start rolling out and the bachelorette parties start rolling in. Medieval times is fun to do for a themed birthday dinner/show with younger kids as well if you don't have one by you.

Back