All-Star Do You Think It'll Ever Happen?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Showstopper- We have an athletic trainer and physical therapist on call (conveniently I'm married to him) as well as a nurse on staff. I can tell you from personal experience that athletic trainers and physical therapists are always hiring in my area. AT/PT/OT are in high demand, not only in private practices but also in most school districts. If it's something you have a passion for you'll always find a way to make it work. Good luck to you!

I will hopefully enter college next fall studying AT/Kinesiology/ or Exercise Physiology, and then going on to do PT. I've wanted to do this for a while, and just from cheering I know how much athletes, especially cheeerleaders need it. And the demand is actually pretty high compared to everything else. I know I would kill to work at a cheer gym as a PT, but I'm a cheer nerd ;) I mentioned this on the previous page, but students studying this would benefit from working in the gym. They could help with athletes, and the gym could recieve a free trainer/PT, while the student recieves hours for an internship. Win, win.

We have an athletic trainer on staff (as an AT, not a cheer coach) at both of our locations. They work as a liaison to ensure our athletes who are injured get the proper treatment and rehab in physical therapy, as well as tape and address minor injuries . The AT's accompany our athletes to their appointments with ortho and sports med, and help us educate our parents on care and prevention. We have a partnership with a local orthopedic group, and have an "on-call" number in case of an emergent injury that couldn't wait for an appointment. We've only had to use it a few times, but our athletes were met at the hospital by the physician and bypassed the ER. We are really fortunate to have this program available to our athletes.

Back