All-Star Do's & Don'ts Of 2011 Worlds

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do: Tweet about fierceboarder sightings
Do: make friends
Do: Be nice to everyone
Do: get up and leave often so there will be a closer seat for me if i get up and leave.
Do: print out your schedule ahead of time and highlight who you want to see
Do: remember that teams with at large bids in small limited and small senior may not make it to Semi-Finals so make sure you see them in pre-lims. Same goes for International teams with US finals and then prelims.

Don't: Jump up in front of me so I cant see the teams.
Don't: Try to sneak into the VIP section up front, big jacked men will kick you out
Don't: stand in front of parents of the team in Priority viewing if you are not related to someone on the floor
Don't: do stunts in the pool, mickey patrol is not fond of this
Don't: do anything stupid that would get you kicked out before you compete, (unless youre team competes against a team I like, then i wont mind if your team has one less on the floor... haha totes jk)
Don't: Tweet that teams were amazing when they had 3 stunt falls and 2 touches.
I thought all teams even paid have to compete day 1 to make it to day 2.

Yes but teams with at large bids have to compete to make it into day 1 with paid bid teams.

at larges (in divisions of 40+ i believe?) compete in prelims saturday morning--not sure how many advance from that...it's posted around somewhere. saturday evening there is semi-finals that those advancing from prelims and partial/paid contenders compete. top 50% from semis make it to finals sunday.

DONT: Wear white shorts unless you want to have dirt stuff all over them after like an hour..
TRUST ME I KNOW, EXAMPLE BELOW:
2dbwjdx.jpg

Cameo's by MealFan and Lauren <3

Yes but teams with at large bids have to compete to make it into day 1 with paid bid teams.
at larges (in divisions of 40+ i believe?) compete in prelims saturday morning--not sure how many advance from that...it's posted around somewhere. saturday evening there is semi-finals that those advancing from prelims and partial/paid contenders compete. top 50% from semis make it to finals sunday.

From the Worlds Registration Packet:

For divisions that include 40 or more registered cheer teams; all At Large Bid competitors will compete first in a Preliminary Round. This round will be early Saturday morning, April 30, 2011 at ESPN Wide World of Sports® Complex. The top 50% will move onto the compete in the Semi-Final round later that day. The Semi-Final round will be comprised of the top 50% of the Preliminary teams, plus all of the Partial Paid teams, and Paid bids team that are registered in that division. 50% of the afternoon Semi-Final teams will move onto the Finals. The Semi-Final performance order for all 40 plus divisions will be reversed seeded based off the semifinal results and inserted in the open spots between the Paid and Partial Paid bid teams moving directly into the Semi-Finals. The performance order for finals will be reversed seeded based off the semifinal results.

DO: read the information packet to answer these questions ;)

Do: check-in for your flight online in advance or at least get your seat blocked. i've been checking out the bookings for the flights and I see a whole lot are overbooked, so spare yourself from some drama and make sure you'll get on that flight. it's not because you booked your ticket a year ago and you ticket has the confirmed or ok status that you wont end up being standby.
Do: support ALL teams, especially the international ones, they can't bring much family with them and they are even more nervous as any other. some might not seem that impressive, but keep in mind that where ever they come from they are truely special.
Do: take pictures...all the time!
Do: share your snacks with others!!
Do: take enough copies of the timetable so you wont miss your favourite team!

Don't: take that much stuff with you that other people cant find a seat due to all your bags
Don't: think whoever you want to meet will be easy to find in that crowd! make decent plans on where and when to meet.
Don't: be shy and talk to every team you don't know, they'll be flattered
Don't: hesitate to contact me in case you need any translation in: English, French, Dutch, German or Spanish...I'll be happy to help you out:)
Don't: forget to say goodbye to your new friends and exchange contact details....it might be a while untill you'll see them back!

Do: pack your uniform and shoes in your carry-on luggage. Everything else you might need for the weekend can be replaced if your checked bags get diverted to Vancouver.

Back