OT Dresses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I only do sideline cheer at high school football and basketball games. I'm not into all-star cheerleading at all. We are a non-competitive squad.

I am asking this in the kindest, least-rude way, i promise. but how are you okay with cheerleading uniforms? they don't conform to your views. the skirts are usually very short, as are shorts to practice in. do you wear pantyhose with your uniform and practicewear?

and your parents cancelled your cable and you dislike using electronics, but you find time to go on the computer, onto the internet and find the fierceboard when you have no interest whatsoever in all star cheerleading?

i don't understand.

and since you've joined the board, the ONLY things you've commented on are dressing modestly (this thread), how you're happy about chik-fil-a's beliefs, and how you hate music. interesting.

So, uh, back to dresses....:D these are the dresses that my mum and I made for my grads this year. The pink one was when I went as somebody's date!

179525_10150860017152231_47641802_n.jpg

And this champagne one was for my own grad. The beading along the strap was suuuuch a pain to do!
394761_10150886798422231_771826434_n.jpg

So, uh, back to dresses....:D these are the dresses that my mum and I made for my grads this year. The pink one was when I went as somebody's date!

And this champagne one was for my own grad. The beading along the strap was suuuuch a pain to do!
(deleted pics for space)

I'm sorry, you MADE those? :eek:
They're amazing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I am asking this in the kindest, least-rude way, i promise. but how are you okay with cheerleading uniforms? they don't conform to your views. the skirts are usually very short, as are shorts to practice in. do you wear pantyhose with your uniform and practicewear?

and your parents cancelled your cable and you dislike using electronics, but you find time to go on the computer, onto the internet and find the fierceboard when you have no interest whatsoever in all star cheerleading?

and since you've joined the board, the ONLY things you've commented on are dressing modestly (this thread), how you're happy about chik-fil-a's beliefs, and how you hate music. interesting.

Cheerleading uniforms are cute and fun to wear! Ours are quite basic uniforms with a skirt and full shell (no midriffs, bare shoulders, etc.). And yes, I wear pantyhose with my uniform, especially on cooler days when we cheer for the football games. It makes my legs look better, in my opinion.

My parents canceled the cable for the entire family because it's getting too expensive, and there's less and less stuff on it that's worth watching. I just said that I don't miss it, because there's nothing on there that I ever watch. I never knew this board was designed for all-star cheer. I thought it was for any kind of cheerleading.

And when did I ever say that I hate music? I said that I don't like MODERN music because most of it is fake and meaningless, and doesn't come from the heart like older music did.

Oh my god! Those are gorgeous. Personally, the pink one took my breath away, but the champagne one was also stunning. Might I also add that you are so beautiful!

Oh my god! Those are gorgeous. Personally, the pink one took my breath away, but the champagne one was also stunning. Might I also add that you are so beautiful!
(deleted pics for space)

I'm sorry, you MADE those? :eek:
They're amazing!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

D'aawe thanks y'all :) Everybody said they really liked my pink one, but honestly I'm not sure why! Making the champagne one definitely caused more grief hahaha.

And when did I ever say that I hate music? I said that I don't like MODERN music because most of it is fake and meaningless, and doesn't come from the heart like older music did.

This statement makes me cringe. Maybe it's because I'm so far involved in the music industry and analyzing songs and have such a passion for music itself, but there are SO many songs that have a solidly deep meaning that came from the heart. I think that statement is rather unfair. And maybe you just aren't listening to the right genre of "modern music"--not every some out there is like Shots or Red Solo Cup

^^^sorry--I sneezed and accidentally hit the reply before I was done, and knew that within the five minutes I had to edit I probably wouldn't be done because I'm on my phone.

But: and even though those songs are meaningless, there comes a time when you don't want to have to think about a deep, profound meaning to a song and just hear something fun and stupid. Actually, country music used to (and I mean within the last 5 years- not the 70s-80s) have the label of "most depressing genre" and "most suicidal" or something like that because the songs were so emotional and from the heart about loss and other topics. Are more and more country songs becoming silly? Absolutely. but there still are passionate and meaningful songs across all genres ( and if you're looking for any suggestions, I have 10,000+ songs of many genres I can provide a lot!! ). And also, an important thing to remember--a song that I find meaningful because of how it impacts or speaks to me and a situation I'm going through doesn't mean it's meaningful to you and vice-versa.

Holy Moly! Where did you learn to sew? How difficult was it? They're stunning!

I'm looking to start sewing some of my own clothes (my roommate was a costumer, HUZZAH!), particularly a cute LBD and some vintage-esque sundresses. But hey, who would love custom formal wear?

I only wear panty hose with my chorus dress because I have to and I always end up shoving my toe through them and having to buy a new pair every single time I wear them. I hate them. Like honestly i carry around Clear finger nail polish at concerts to stop the runs in them because they ALWAYS rip.

Holy Moly! Where did you learn to sew? How difficult was it? They're stunning!

I'm looking to start sewing some of my own clothes (my roommate was a costumer, HUZZAH!), particularly a cute LBD and some vintage-esque sundresses. But hey, who would love custom formal wear?

Honestly, just home ec classes from middle school hahah. I used a pattern for the basic dress straight, and then kind of winged it from there by just draping and cutting til I liked it. It was definitely mostly trial and error and I wouldn't not recommend doing that hahah, but they turned out okay. You just have to have a loooot of patience.

Back