OT Dresses

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm so jealous of all of you who can have crazy backs and cutouts and low necklines and everything pretty that I can't have on a dress because I go to an overbearingly modest Christian school that enforces a dress code at prom.

That's awesome! I wish public schools would enforce modest dress codes. Not just at prom, but for regular school days. As a result, 95% of the students come to school looking like a bunch of slobs and zombies. I can't believe what parents allow their kids to walk out the door wearing to school. Or that schools allow it. Doesn't anyone have any respect for anything anymore?

I go to a public school, but I usually wear a modest skirt or dress to school (the same things I would wear to church on Sundays). Sometimes I will wear nice pants if it's cold outside. But I always wear pantyhose with skirts and dresses. Bare legs look so tacky.

I guess I'm one of very few of this generation who was actually taught how to dress properly.

That's awesome! I wish public schools would enforce modest dress codes. Not just at prom, but for regular school days. As a result, 95% of the students come to school looking like a bunch of slobs and zombies. I can't believe what parents allow their kids to walk out the door wearing to school. Or that schools allow it. Doesn't anyone have any respect for anything anymore?

I go to a public school, but I usually wear a modest skirt or dress to school (the same things I would wear to church on Sundays). Sometimes I will wear nice pants if it's cold outside. But I always wear pantyhose with skirts and dresses. Bare legs look so tacky.

I guess I'm one of very few of this generation who was actually taught how to dress properly.
I like wearing yoga pants/track shorts and a tshirt/sweatshirt to school. Almost every day. There are days i'll dress up but I just feel more comfortable in that, expecially since I signed up for 7am classes and I'm not a morning person so getting ready is almost never an option.

'Properly' is relative. Do I think going to school in yoga pants and sweats should be allowed at school? Probably not. (I understand hoodies/sweatshirts when it's cold, but I don't think people should dress like they've rolled out of bed. Doesn't mean I don't do it myself, but I feel like I'd have learned a bit about fashion sense if I actually had to HAVE one that wasn't 'sloppy chic' lol) I also don't think I need to see cheek from MS/HS girls considering you're all underage (and I ain't talking about your face :p)..or guys boxers. That being said, if church-wear is your thing, cool. Jeans and a tee? That's awesome too. Goth/steampunk? GET IT.

I only have three classes, leaving me at school for not even two hours. My typical outfit is yogo pants or maybe even jeans & a tshirt or a cute, comfortable top. I live a minute away from the school so I wake up only about 30 minutes before I have to be at school. I don't see the point in spending tons of money on school clothes and taking an hour in the morning to get ready to spend two hours at school. Do I dress up sometimes? Yeah, I try. But I could really care less. My boyfriend doesn't go to my school (we've been dating for over a year so even if he did go to my school I still wouldn't care what he saw me looking like) and it's not like the teachers care what I'm wearing, as long as my "goodies" aren't hanging out (I'm president of the IBTC so no matter how hard I try to make my "goodies" show it won't really happen:oops:).
Now would I say I dress like a slob? No, I would say I dress comfortably. I always do my make up and I usually have my hair down or in a braid or anything. I guess I'm just one of those people who don't care about what people think of my outfit that day especially since I usually don't even talk to them. And I have no one to impress at school.. lol, come on, it's high school. Everyone usually forgets what you wore the second you leave school that day anyway...

Pantyhose? in 2012? I'm a librarian and I would never wear pantyhose to work....... I could never imagine my 17 yr old sister heading to school in them...in 100* weather....They're just old lady ish. (pantyhose...not the thicker solid tights)

There is nothing tacky about bare legs...pantyhose on the other hand....

Why do I feel like I keep being the median poster? Like the one who makes the crazy seem slightly understandable? GOD I'M SUCH A MIDDLE CHILD...

I wear pantyhose when I don't feel like shaving my legs, or if I have some awkward leg discoloration going on. Or if it's cold but I want the sorta look of bare-ish legs.

Why do I feel like I keep being the median poster? Like the one who makes the crazy seem slightly understandable? GOD I'M SUCH A MIDDLE CHILD...

I wear pantyhose when I don't feel like shaving my legs, or if I have some awkward leg discoloration going on. Or if it's cold but I want the sorta look of bare-ish legs.
haha :) I know how that is! I may be the oldest child but I'm ALWAYS the mediator in fights. I'm very into astrology and so I pin it on my zodiac sign because us Libras are known for being mediators :p

Back on topic... I don't like pantyhose or tights because I tend to rip them with my nails on accident :/ I do wear nude colored tights I have left over from dance to school when it gets cold though (if you call high 50s low 60s cold).

haha :) I know how that is! I may be the oldest child but I'm ALWAYS the mediator in fights. I'm very into astrology and so I pin it on my zodiac sign because us Libras are known for being mediators :p

Back on topic... I don't like pantyhose or tights because I tend to rip them with my nails on accident :/ I do wear nude colored tights I have left over from dance to school when it gets cold though (if you call high 50s low 60s cold).

I'm a middle child...and a libra... I am far from mediator..I'm just always right. ;) Maybe my dislike for pantyhose (beside from the fact that they're elderly) stems from the fact that I'm tan year round because I'm black....and my legs don't get hairy...as in I only have to Nair once a month...so I've never had a need for them.

Pantyhose? in 2012? I'm a librarian and I would never wear pantyhose to work....... I could never imagine my 17 yr old sister heading to school in them...in 100* weather....They're just old lady ish. (pantyhose...not the thicker solid tights)

There is nothing tacky about bare legs...pantyhose on the other hand....

I don't wear pantyhose in hot weather either, at least not to school -- just church on Sunday morning. I'd wear a pair of modest shorts if it was that hot on a school day. But I live in Michigan, and it's rarely that hot during school months. And where is it written that they are "old-lady-ish"? In fact, they seem to be making a comeback. Other girls were wearing them this past school year, and I'd say 75% of the girls in my youth group at church wear them.

I don't wear pantyhose in hot weather either, at least not to school -- just church on Sunday morning. I'd wear a pair of modest shorts if it was that hot on a school day. But I live in Michigan, and it's rarely that hot during school months. And where is it written that they are "old-lady-ish"? In fact, they seem to be making a comeback. Other girls were wearing them this past school year, and I'd say 75% of the girls in my youth group at church wear them.

Sooo what time machine brought you into this century?

Sooo what time machine brought you into this century?

LOL Good question! But seriously, I sometimes feel like I don't fit into this century. I can't stand most aspects of modern culture. Besides fashion choices, and a few other modern social issues, I also don't like any modern music, movies, TV shows, video games, or a lot of technology (such as social networking or smartphones). Computers and the internet are useful, but are not a replacement for certain things, contrary to what everyone tries to make them out to be. I have my entire music collection in MP3 format, and I have an older-version iPod Nano that I bought used. Hey, it works, and does everything I need it to do (plays my music). I don't need all these silly games or "apps" that everyone has on theirs.

I listen to pretty much 70's and 80's country music. I have over 1000 of those songs on my iPod. I also like a little bit of bluegrass and southern gospel. On TV, when I even have time to watch any, I like classic TV shows, like "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Brady Bunch".

LOL Good question! But seriously, I sometimes feel like I don't fit into this century. I can't stand most aspects of modern culture. Besides fashion choices, and a few other modern social issues, I also don't like any modern music, movies, TV shows, video games, or a lot of technology (such as social networking or smartphones). Computers and the internet are useful, but are not a replacement for certain things, contrary to what everyone tries to make them out to be. I have my entire music collection in MP3 format, and I have an older-version iPod Nano that I bought used. Hey, it works, and does everything I need it to do (plays my music). I don't need all these silly games or "apps" that everyone has on theirs.

I listen to pretty much 70's and 80's country music. I have over 1000 of those songs on my iPod. I also like a little bit of bluegrass and southern gospel. On TV, when I even have time to watch any, I like classic TV shows, like "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Brady Bunch".

I feel the same confusion Karen felt when she learned Cady was from Africa (not that I'm expecting you to get this reference at this point lol)

Karen-If-youre-from-Africa-why-are-you-white.jpg

But that's cool...do you girl. People like what they like.

You aren't a Duggar are you?

Back