All-Star Drinking Pictures On Fb?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

UNTAG IT or DELETE IT?!?! ahh no..id kick them right off!
for one, i didnt mean if they are like 22? or older..but i mean if you have picture of you in your uniform or people know in gym on there, tthen yes kick the off. if not then okay maybe not kick them off, but possibly probhation. espeically being underage. but this person is suppose to representing your gym, and i guess as a gym owner if your okay with your athletes having picture of them doing drugs& drinking underage, then i guess thats fine...

In the UK we can start driving at 17 and can drink at 18. Unfortunately the majority of British teenagers drink. There are probably a few that don't but in my experience most under 18s (usually 14+) drink. It can be at parties, on park benches, in the safety of their own homes (where it is legal to drink from about 5+, don't ask) but most teenagers drink. ..................

I'm just curious. Do you have laws against 'public intoxication' in the UK? That seems to be a common way that police officers here catch underage drinkers without approaching them based on a presumption of their age. They make contact first with 'public intoxication' as the grounds, and then uncover the age violation.

Actually most European countries do have a speed limit, and if you speed, the fines are extremely expensive. I believe one of the few that does not have a set speed limit is Germany, yet there is still a recommended speed limit of below 130, and if a cop thinks you are driving innappropriately for the road conditions they can still give you a fine. Yet I don't really see how this relates to my post in the first place, because it was about public transportation (busses, trains, subway systems, etc.)........
it's just what my French teacher told me. No need to be rude.

I'm just curious. Do you have laws against 'public intoxication' in the UK? That seems to be a common way that police officers here catch underage drinkers without approaching them based on a presumption of their age. They make contact first with 'public intoxication' as the grounds, and then uncover the age violation.
Yeah most cities have laws against public drinking. Underage drinkers are also sometime caught when they're asking strangers to buy them alcohol outside off licenses...

if i saw my kids pictures with alcohol specially with my team logo you best believe they would CTL, ATL, DELTED!!! FROM THE GYM!!!

SHASAY AWAYYY!

I agree with the post it is great to see the different opinions from various gyms, parts of the country, and even from other countries.

I purposely stayed away from the OP's question of "what would you do about it" --how this is handled is a total matter of opinon

I'll state again though - you are WRONG if you think a gym, coach, business, place or otherwise has no right to have a policy to not provides consequences if you are DISPLAYING improper behavior to the public.

I am not stating you shouldn't live your own life or that either of the above organizations should control it. But you can't argue that they wouldn't be justifying in kicking you off, expelling you, firing you, etc if they gave you a policy and YOU chose to ignore it. YOUR behavior and YOUR facebook/Twitter/Tumbler, etc. are YOUR responsiblity. Need to learn to accept that responsiblity at some time if you want to be succesful in life.

Actually most European countries do have a speed limit, and if you speed, the fines are extremely expensive. I believe one of the few that does not have a set speed limit is Germany, yet there is still a recommended speed limit of below 130, and if a cop thinks you are driving innappropriately for the road conditions they can still give you a fine. Yet I don't really see how this relates to my post in the first place, because it was about public transportation (busses, trains, subway systems, etc.)........
Germany has set speed limits for highways, residential areas, and within city limits. It varies depending on where you are but there isalmost always a set speed limit. Generally speaking, on the Autobahn, there is not a set speed limit but it is recommended at 130km but a lot of stretches of the Autobahn actually have speed limit signs.

Not a cheerleader...but my sister was a college majorette for a big university. They were not allowed to be wearing ANYTHING with the college name and majorette on it in any bars, parties, etc...If they were seen or had a picture on facebook, they had the right to kick you off the squad. They never told them not to do it, because many were still underage but you couldn't be seen doing it in the majorette line apparel.

Anyone from a foreign country where the driving and drinking age are similar want to comment? How do you find it works?
In Germany, the drinking age is 16 for beer and 18 for spirits, hard liquor, etc. The driving age is 18 but you can get a moped or motorcycle license at 16, I think. My dad's in the military and we're stationed in Germany, and since I had a stateside license I was able to get a license to drive at 17. I think Germany's system works pretty well. Most Germans tend to have a pretty relaxed attitude towards drinking alcohol and I feel like people in Germany drink responsibly, even though a lot of teenagers drink heavily most can't drive or don't have cars. The fact that the train system in Germany is very useful and VERY helpful to get around and even though I don't know the statisitcs of drinking and driving related incidents in Europe, I'd say that this probably helps. Most DUIs and car accidents involving alcohol tend to involve Americans and soldiers here. I hope this makes sense and answers your question? Haha.

In Germany, the drinking age is 16 for beer and 18 for spirits, hard liquor, etc. The driving age is 18 but you can get a moped or motorcycle license at 16, I think. My dad's in the military and we're stationed in Germany, and since I had a stateside license I was able to get a license to drive at 17. I think Germany's system works pretty well. Most Germans tend to have a pretty relaxed attitude towards drinking alcohol and I feel like people in Germany drink responsibly, even though a lot of teenagers drink heavily most can't drive or don't have cars. The fact that the train system in Germany is very useful and VERY helpful to get around and even though I don't know the statisitcs of drinking and driving related incidents in Europe, I'd say that this probably helps. Most DUIs and car accidents involving alcohol tend to involve Americans and soldiers here. I hope this makes sense and answers your question? Haha.
Pretty much yeah. I remember being in Ireland, most students don't drink and drive. Like EVER. Heck, most people don't have cars either. Granted, the countries are smaller and tend to have a better mass transit system across the entire area. In fact, I have a strong recollection of my bf's dad dropping us off at a party. And we were in uni. There isn't the same stigma of 'parents dropping you off' because everyone kinda has to.

Plus the culture of alcohol I feel is different over there than here. I was raised in a very open drinking environment (being half italian with oodles of off-the-boat relatives), even though I never consumed more than a trial sip here and there. I never felt the need to get schwasted or drink til I puke. I was raised to be smart about limits and take care of myself. In contrast to many kids who are raised in a culture of fear/denial without ever knowing WHY?

What gets me more is when I see my cp's coaches drunk pictures on facebook. Anyone ever been to a comp in Las Vegas? Sometimes they have open bars for the coaches and they then take their drinks to warmups.

My whole thing is, cheerleading for some people is their only positive thing in their life. What happens if yes an athlete messes up and finally gives into the peer pressure, drinks, gets caught and is off the team. If thats their only positive outlet, what are they going to turn to now?

Back