Music Eq And Get Beats To Go With Songs.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 28, 2011
does anyone know how to get backbeats to go with the songs on Sony Acid Music Studio 7.0 (NOT PRO!)
any help would be appreciated
thanks.

Sony Acid works best when songs are cut up into smaller chunks. This is how my process goes: I open up a song in Sony Sound Forge (you can use Audacity, it's free and pretty similar) and lets say I want to use the chorus of the song which is four 8 counts long. I will put a marker right where the chorus starts and another on the exact beat it ends. Then, I copy that to a new track. So now, I have just the four 8 count chorus cut out, which is 32 beats. Save it as a .pca file (if you save it as an mp3, it will leave a little bit of silence in the beginning before the first beat hits--you don't want that). Now, open that .pca file in Acid and it will recognize it is 32 bets and whatever you set your project tempo too, it will speed up to that set tempo. Then, just drag your beats and builds behind the song. If your beats sound off or wrong, you can do what PullandPray said and beatmap them, or repeat the process I just explained.

Don't advertise on my post!
Make a new thread!

I dont think I was really advertising.....simply stating that if you really want to learn, take a class instead of wasting your time on a message board asking people that dont know what they are talking about.

Hope you find all the answers :)

I dont think I was really advertising.....simply stating that if you really want to learn, take a class instead of wasting your time on a message board asking people that dont know what they are talking about.

Hope you find all the answers :)
i know you were advertising because you would of quoted my post, showing that you were directly replying to me. also you would of put something like . "if YOUR interested i have some workshops coming up that could really help you with your skills in mixing." but no you put what u would see on an "ad" in a thread. im pretty sure there's plenty of people on here that know what there talking about. such as david from west coast . who went out of his way just to make a tutorial on back beats(which i appreciate VERY much :) ) im not trying to argue just giving my thoughts / opinions whatever lol

beat map your audio track.

Right on. Any song I ever use in Acid is beat mapped from start to finish. I'd rather take a few extra moments and beat map the whole song once and for all. That way next time someone requests that song, I just drag & drop into the project :)

Everyone has their own methods, my customers are only concerned with what the final product SOUNDS like :)

Right on. Any song I ever use in Acid is beat mapped from start to finish. I'd rather take a few extra moments and beat map the whole song once and for all. That way next time someone requests that song, I just drag & drop into the project :)

Everyone has their own methods, my customers are only concerned with what the final product SOUNDS like :)

I should do it that way but I used logic and I feel like it takes forever to do a whole song, so I usually just take what part of the song I want and beat map that...I also think that it tends to keep me from making too much of the same stuff over and over..I feel like it adds an extra lay of custom to music...I don't know maybe thats just me haha

wow thanks i think im gonna just beat map the whole track , sounds ALOT easier :)

Back