Ethical Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

^^^^^Yes. It is allowed. Athletes themselves are not leveled. You can pull any kid from any team to fill a spot on any other team as long as he/she is of age to do so per the age grid.

You can pull a Worlds team kid to fill a spot on a Senior 1 if you want.
Didn't they finally make some ruling this season about how many levels you could cross down if you we on a Level 5 or 5R or am I imaging that? I am too tired from the weekend to start looking up rules.

Didn't they finally make some ruling this season about how many levels you could cross down if you we on a Level 5 or 5R or am I imaging that? I am too tired from the weekend to start looking up rules.

I thought so at some point, but I think it might just be in regards to Summit/Worlds participation.

I guess I can understand it in smaller gyms but why do big gyms do it. I have read and tried to become educated on this topic, but there just seems to be no consistency.
Because they can. No rules against it. There's been many discussions here about if it's right/wrong/fair what not. I'm not sure what would be a fair solution.

I did read where NCA competitions will only let a crossover go up or down one level. That makes a little more sense, but still seems unfair especially from large gyms who have more athletes to pull from.

Because they can. No rules against it. There's been many discussions here about if it's right/wrong/fair what not. I'm not sure what would be a fair solution.
That is very sad!!! I understand they are fighting for cheer to be a recognized sport, but without rules to follow concerning talent of kids and teams it cannot expect to be recognized. Just my opinion.

I think NCA is the only comp with a rule about crossovers.

I obviously have a lot to learn about "All Star Cheer". My daughter enjoys it and she has really improved for this to only be her third year, just breaks my heart to know her "little" team is never going to win events no matter how good they are for their level.

I think NCA is the only comp with a rule about crossovers.
The Summit also has rules about crossovers.

2016 Summit Crossover Policies

1. Only 5 athletes can crossover from The Cheerleading Worlds to The Summit.
2. NEW- Athletes can compete on no more than 2 cheer teams at The Summit.
3. NEW- All Level 4.2 athletes may only crossover to levels 2, 3 or 4.
4. NEW- Athletes can only cross up or down a level at The Summit. Level 5 athletes that competed at Cheerleading Worlds can only cross to level 4 & 5 Summit divisions (Excludes Level 4.2).

5. No crossovers will be allowed to compete on both a cheer and a dance team at The Summit. However a Cheerleading Worlds athlete may compete at the Dance Summit and a Dance Worlds athlete may compete at The Summit.

I obviously have a lot to learn about "All Star Cheer". My daughter enjoys it and she has really improved for this to only be her third year, just breaks my heart to know her "little" team is never going to win events no matter how good they are for their level.
First of all, get that attitude out of your head. I guarantee you that if you believe it, it's showing in some way, shape, or form. Second of all, not winning isn't the worst thing that can happen. It's also probably not true. They may not win at some competitions, but if they can max out the score sheet, they have a chance. One above level athlete does not change the makeup of a whole team. One per stunt group? Yes, it can.
However after years in this sport I've realized that it really copies life. People find the loopholes IRL all of the time. Does it stink? Yep, sure does. You have to decide what's more important---the jacket or the integrity? Do you want to be a part of an organization the follows the letter of the law or the spirit of the law? That's a decision that only you can make.
Let me be clear, though. I am NOT saying that the only way to win is to work the system! I've seen it work the opposite way many times. I'm small enough to admit that I really, really like it when that happens, too.
Welcome to year 3 of cheer.

First of all, get that attitude out of your head. I guarantee you that if you believe it, it's showing in some way, shape, or form. Second of all, not winning isn't the worst thing that can happen. It's also probably not true. They may not win at some competitions, but if they can max out the score sheet, they have a chance. One above level athlete does not change the makeup of a whole team. One per stunt group? Yes, it can.
However after years in this sport I've realized that it really copies life. People find the loopholes IRL all of the time. Does it stink? Yep, sure does. You have to decide what's more important---the jacket or the integrity? Do you want to be a part of an organization the follows the letter of the law or the spirit of the law? That's a decision that only you can make.
Let me be clear, though. I am NOT saying that the only way to win is to work the system! I've seen it work the opposite way many times. I'm small enough to admit that I really, really like it when that happens, too.
We will be staying with the small gym, I like the integrity they show and they treat my child like part of a family. That is what is important to me and I want my child to know those values.
It just saddens me to see coaches "working the system", I have coached against plenty that have done this also and in the end my "mediocre kids" beat their "elite" kids.
We were at Jam Super Nationals this past weekend, and I was amazed at how many kids I saw competing for the same gym on different team, large teams. I guess that is what also sparked my interest/concern as to who patrols the consistency in this "sport".
The things you do for your "little girl" :)

Yes.

I try to tell people that as much as it stinks, one Senior 4 kid on Senior 1 is not doing a whole lot for Shady Athletics.

We will be staying with the small gym, I like the integrity they show and they treat my child like part of a family. That is what is important to me and I want my child to know those values.
It just saddens me to see coaches "working the system", I have coached against plenty that have done this also and in the end my "mediocre kids" beat their "elite" kids.
We were at Jam Super Nationals this past weekend, and I was amazed at how many kids I saw competing for the same gym on different team, large teams. I guess that is what also sparked my interest/concern as to who patrols the consistency in this "sport".
The things you do for your "little girl" :)
Move to Texas!!
I use to live in Tennessee and our kids, and all other kids at competitions competed on like 3 teams all different levels.

In Texas I rarely rarely rarely see kids crossovers between levels unless just for an injury or competition or 2. That is probably because pretty much everyone in the state of Texas goes to NCA so they can't do it there so they don't do it elsewhere! Even the large mega 10 location gyms here aren't doing it. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back