OT Favorite Childhood Television Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Another of my favorites from when my kids were little was Stanley! Loved him and his Great Big Book of Everything!

Also liked, I think these were Discovery Kids shows:
Time Warp Trio
Tutenstein
Kenny the Shark

There were a few more that I can't think of their titles.

Another of my favorites from when my kids were little was Stanley! Loved him and his Great Big Book of Everything!

Also liked, I think these were Discovery Kids shows:
Time Warp Trio
Tutenstein
Kenny the Shark

There were a few more that I can't think of their titles.
Endurance (DK version of Survivor)?
Strange Days at Bailey High (with the kids that did crazy science experiments)

I can still speak Ubbi Dubbi!
Hey, was that Mushmouth from Fat Albert and the Gang language? I laugh so hard because that show just reminds me of my childhood neighborhood, everybody in my neighborhood had nicknames and most people did not even know the government name, unless we end up in the same class in school or parent comes out and yelled the real name.I had 2 nicknames-Pebbles or the really older people called me, Wee Wee... (hated it!) My older brother was Champ or Pop... Some of these old programs bring back some really good times...Now I wish I can go back to those good times...

as a young kids (younger as 9) my favorites were:

-seabert
-the snorks
-carebears
-wowser
-gummibears
-mrs pepperpot
-the a-team
-baywatch
-knightrider
-airwolf
-macgyver
-family ties

This is a fun thread!! I wasn't allowed to watch much television as a kid, so I liked the only 4 shows I could watch - Electric Company, Zoom, Little House on the Prairie, and Emergency (I was so going to marry Johnny Gage). In college, Party of 5 was my all time favorite, and I really liked Friday Night Lights (loved the book the best and the movie was good too). I don't watch a lot of television now but I like Criminal Minds and Amazing Race and I watch Deadliest Catch because hubby likes it.
Emergency!! We had the board game for that too. The pieces were firetrucks. My brother and I used to play it all the time.

I am loving this thread.

Buffy the vampire slayer was a solid chunk of my childhood.
Still a huge part of my life. I cannot tell you how many times I have watched that series. And to really date myself - my friend and I saw the original movie with Kristie Swanson and Donald Sutherland in the movies. We truly went for the title alone. If you have never seen it, the PeeWee Herman (Paul Rubenfeld) dying scene is one of the best camp death scenes ever.

I may win for oldest shows[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
HR Puff 'n Stuff
Leave it to Beaver
Gillian's Island
I Love Lucy
Gunsmoke
Kung Fu
Wagon Train
Brady Bunch
The Munsters
The Adams Family
Original Star Trek
Original Dr Who
Monty Python
The Twilight Zone
Speed Racer
Original Old School Looney Tunes
The Sonny and Cher Show
The Carol Burnett Show
Soul Train
The Jefferson's
All in the Family
Family Affair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still a huge part of my life. I cannot tell you how many times I have watched that series. And to really date myself - my friend and I saw the original movie with Kristie Swanson and Donald Sutherland in the movies. We truly went for the title alone. If you have never seen it, the PeeWee Herman (Paul Rubenfeld) dying scene is one of the best camp death scenes ever.

"Pike isn't a name, it's a fish."

Yes, that movie is a campy movie masterpiece. Best easter present I ever got was the Buffy movie on DVD. Movie Buffy is 100 times better than TV Show Buffy. Movie Buffy was a sassmaster and was really relateable. TV Buffy was kicka$$ but too serious sometimes. Still great though.

I also find it fun how Donald Sutherland was in Buffy as a good guy and then Kiefer was in The Lost Boys as exactly who Donald's character was fighting against.

Also, I didn't have any plans for tonight but now I'm going to go and rewatch that movie, you've inspired me :p

Home Improvement
Dream Maker (that show with Richard Simmons)

Currently watching Season 1 Episode 12 of Degrassi TNG and I want to punch Emma in the face. She has spent all of the episode so far dissing cheerleading.

Last edited:
Back