All-Star Fierce Board Mod Search!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aww. In my SM days I would've been penning my acceptance speech about now.... Gratefully, that girl is long dead.

That "active participator" thing sortof rules me out. I'm rarely on anymore. And as the sun sets on my cheer mom career my filter is fading too, which may make me very entertaining in person, but likely not good mod material [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to my world! The grass is a lot greener on this side ;)

Lots of applications over the past few days. Thank you to everyone applying and so far tons of great volunteers. Will try and have it all figured out by the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of good responses. Will be trying to choose a diverse group of people to help mod from different parts of cheers (programs, countries, stages of life). This is more difficult than you think it would be!

To all those that applied please do not be upset if you are not chosen. I think I will look at making the re-upping of mods a yearly thing (based on performance of the past year) and new positions open up every year. Just because you weren't chosen this year doesn't mean you wont be remembered for next year.

Lots of good responses. Will be trying to choose a diverse group of people to help mod from different parts of cheers (programs, countries, stages of life). This is more difficult than you think it would be!

To all those that applied please do not be upset if you are not chosen. I think I will look at making the re-upping of mods a yearly thing (based on performance of the past year) and new positions open up every year. Just because you weren't chosen this year doesn't mean you wont be remembered for next year.

You'd make a good politician

Just a tip from someone who does this for a large hobby organisation.
You have to be an active participator and on the boards fairly regularly. With the group I'm social media officer for I have to be active and present in all of the Facebook pages and email lists. If I didn't check on those yahoos at least twice a day someone would get crazy.
You also have to be very very very patient with posters. Since we live in a free society you can't just ban or delete posts because YOU don't like it. It has to directly violate the terms of the groups social presence. So even if newbie poster has gone off the rails, if they are not violating the board terms you have to let them go.
I nominate @12stepCheermom. She's still in all stars, is pretty level headed, and has an established presence on the boards.

You also can't ban people because they hate your gym and team's with a fiery passion......It's a balancing act here for sure! LOL

Years ago I was dying to be a mod...now..lol heck no!
Please don't pick a bunch of SM for the job. I think I would have to pay you the money to delete my account!
Ugh, can you imagine?

(at the gym with SM)

Coach: "You know, I wouldn't have my hopes set on Suzie being picked for last pass if I were you. She's the only kid whose full is consistently under rotated. She told me to tell you that she hates the fact that you push her so hard on tumbling, because she's too afraid to tell you herself. She thinks you're terrifying."

SM: "I don't know if you realize, but THE King Harrison just selected ME to be a Fierceboard moderator. If you think I'm terrifying, just wait until I have you banned!"

-_-

(on the board with SM)

Gym Owner (posting in a thread): "Ugh, I can't stand crazy cheer parents!"

*gets oodles of shimmies*

*SMod takes it personally even though GO didn't use her name and bans him/her*

Brief list of mod rules (this is changing, refining, and growing) but I figured I would show you all what I am thinking:

Here is a general list of rules for moderators:
- Mods are evaluated at the end of every Summer
- Mods are expected to sign on with decent regularity. A mod not signing on for a period of a month loses moderator abilities.
- Goal to have no more than one mod representative per gym / area / group
- Always let discussions go on as long as they can before they need to be closed. It is ok if they are uncomfortable and do your best to keep the conversation rolling.
- We do not delete or edit peoples posts as much as possible. This causes distrust in the community as well makes it so people do not stand behind what they say.
- We do our best to protect minors who might be singled out not on their own accord. Any minor 'embracing' the cheerlebrity status is exempt of this.
- Always do your best, always try and better, never abuse your power, and try and have fun! :)

Back