Fulls!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I got it on the floor about a year 1/2 years after I started working on it on tumble track/rod floor. At first I was reluctant & nervous but my one tip would be to just go for it. Once I started committing to twisting once I did my layout in the air it was very easy, and worry free. Now it's easier than layouts sometimes!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

• hi! i was just wondering how long it took for you to get a full, and maybe any tips that you think would have helped you when you were learning a full? (I'm having a little trouble with it):rolleyes:

It took my CP about 4 mos. but she had a beautiful, twistable layout. Her double took about the same amount of time to get on the floor.

Quick question: Is it typical to experience back pain with fulls? My CP just started throwing them, and now she's complaining that her back hurts. Any tips or advice?

Does it hurt on landings, the rotation, or set/takeoff?

**i am so incompetent I can't even be wrong**

Quick question: Is it typical to experience back pain with fulls? My CP just started throwing them, and now she's complaining that her back hurts. Any tips or advice?
Buy a foam roller at Target or Sports Authority and have her roll out her quads and her hamstrings as well as her lower back everyday. Cp had that issue when she first starting fulling regularly, and again when she started school cheer and tumbling on a dead mat. The roller will hurt but it really works.
We also bought a TENS machine and use it for 15-30 minutes when she gets home after practice, on her lower back right above her hips. It helps the muscles loosen up.

I would ask her tumbling coach what in her technique she can change to alleviate stress on her back. Where in her back is it hurting? If it's lower back, definitely try foam rolling glutes, hamstrings and stretch those areas immediately after tumbling. If it's more mid back/one sided it's more likely from the twisting and she might want to foam roll that area and try some strengthening exercises to engage the opposite side muscles. Upper back would be something from arms and pushing off.

Buy a foam roller at Target or Sports Authority and have her roll out her quads and her hamstrings as well as her lower back everyday. Cp had that issue when she first starting fulling regularly, and again when she started school cheer and tumbling on a dead mat. The roller will hurt but it really works.
We also bought a TENS machine and use it for 15-30 minutes when she gets home after practice, on her lower back right above her hips. It helps the muscles loosen up.
I would be careful foam rolling your lower back. The doctor I go to for my back said to never foam roll the lower back because it can irritate the spine.

I would be careful foam rolling your lower back. The doctor I go to for my back said to never foam roll the lower back because it can irritate the spine.
Recommended by the massage therapist who has been working on cp for past month and seems to be working. Cp's back pain has been more from quads and hamstrings pulling on lower back rather than her back itself. But I will keep that in mind, thank you!

as long as you don't roll directly on the spine, it should be fine. A lot of people use a narrow foam roller or a lacrosse ball instead, on the muscle, not the bone.

Back