OT Funniest City Names You've Heard

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
On my trips from NC to NY I drive through Tightsqueeze, Virginia and Intercourse, PA... Those two towns provide laughs for hours.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Even funnier when my prudish parents stopped by the sign and posed for a photo! My dad texted it to family and we howled with laughter.

Nottawa, Ontario
Their claim to fame is they're not Ottawa.

Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec.
Complete with exclamations points.

Head-Smashes-In-Buffalo Jump, Alberta

Flin Flon, Manitoba

Climax, Saskatchewan

Happy Adventure, Newfoundland

Sober Island, Nova Scotia

Stoner, BC

Salmon Arm, BC

Dildo, Newfoundland

Who said Canadians didn't have a sense of humour!?!

Thanks to my step dads weird fountain of random fact there is a town in Bosnia call "f**k the money when translated to English.
I live in Wales and I get asked every time I say I live in Wales to try and pronounce it. I can't but have been there nothing there apart from a rock which we had to go and study for geology.
Not funny but the is a town called Llanelli trying to get people to pronounce it without any knowledge of the welsh language is either amusing of annoys the heck out of native welsh speakers
People who say Llandudno and pronounce the U really annoy me and I'm not even Welsh.

Isn't there an Austrian town with a very rude name that I cannot say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We in Oklahoma have our fair share too....Frogville, Cookietown, Slaughterville, Rubbottom, Bushyhead, Bowlegs, Hooker and one of my favorites - Bugtussle. The one that takes the cake, though, is a street in the city I live in that up until 3 years ago was called Morning Wood :cool:

Wikipedia:Unusual place names - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
My favorites are:
Intercourse, PA
Catbrain, England
Cocks, Cornwall
Condom, France
Dildo, Newfoundland
Faggot Hill, Massachusetts
F***ing, Austria (My most favorite)
Gay, Georgia
Hooker, Oklahoma
Pussy, Rhone Alps
Rape, England
Rectum, Netherlands
Scratchy Buttom, England
Thong, England
Three Cocks, Wales
Wank, Germany
Queer Mountain, Antarctica
Nipple Peak, Antarctica
Mount Cocks, Antarctica
b**** Mountain, New York
Apocalypse Peaks, Antarctica

(Please excuse the language)

Tisdale, Saskatchewan has a motto of "The land of rape and honey", rape seed being what canola used to be called. It was on CBC and apparently the town refuses to change it too.

Oh, and when I was about 8, my cousin and I found the city of Brest, France on a globe and thought it was the most hilarious thing every.

Tisdale, Saskatchewan has a motto of "The land of rape and honey", rape seed being what canola used to be called. It was on CBC and apparently the town refuses to change it too.

Oh, and when I was about 8, my cousin and I found the city of Brest, France on a globe and thought it was the most hilarious thing every.

I went to college there ! It's not as glamorous as it sounds... :D

a village in New York has this as their crest and I love it because it looks like something out of Parks and Rec:
whitesboro.jpg

a village in New York has this as their crest and I love it because it looks like something out of Parks and Rec:
whitesboro.jpg

Haha one of my old teammates was from Whitesboro.

Also, I found out that NY has a "Climax" too via Wikipedia and then it said this: "Climax is a hamlet in the town of Coxsackie, Greene County, New York, United States."

Climax is in Coxsackie. NY ftw.

We have a "jones sausage" rd. I dont know why but it makes me laugh

"Manasses" Also is a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have passed the signs for Manasses more times that I can count and how I never looked at it like that until just this moment, I have no idea! LOL

Back