OT George Foreman Recipes (and Anything Else Quick)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
so little showstopper was a wee bit overly optimistic about how much she would cook now that she lives in an apartment.... my biggest problem is time, i really just don't have time in the day to sit down and cook a real meal. I have a george foreman (well, I have an actual stove too lol) and I figured that just screams quick and easy. So those of you that have been there done that with the college thing, what kinds of things did you cook to survive? lol I am a very healthy eater, so the trying to like on ramen and easy mac kind of makes me sick to my stomach. my mom literally made me the equivalent of home cooked "lean cuisines" and all i had to do was throw them in the microwave. Another challenge in my mix is that I have to eat a consistent amount of vitamin K everyday because of my coumadin. So normally I just throw together a spinach salad or sautee spinach over something.
any ideas would be lovely :)

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper

The Foreman grill is great for paninis. You just need ciabatta bread from the deli/bakery section at the store, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese slices. Slice the bread long ways, brush the outside with a little olive oil, layer the inside with tomato slices, cheese and the basil. Stack it together and put it on the grill until it's nice and crisp on the outside and the cheese is melted. You could always do something creative like sliced deli chicken and spinach instead.

The grill is also great for those individually wrapped marinated chicken breasts. I also cook the Morningstar(?) veggie and black bean burgers on the grill too - very easy and very little mess.

Hope this helps a little! :)

Omlets... lol. But I would suggest getting a crock pot. You can make so many things with them. And the best part is you throw all the stuff into the pot when you wake up, set it on low, and leave it for the whole day to cook while you're at class. It's a huge time saver and there are so many things you can cook in it and it will give you that home cooked feeling that you don't get at college. (Now your making my mouth water, I miss home cooked meals :( Campus food sucks!) Good luck!!

Quiche. You can make one or two when you have time (they're easy) and then just cut slices, throw them in the microwave and eat them with basically anything. I make them with spinach mmmm.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/basic-quiche-by-shelly/detail.aspx
This recipe is fine, but you don't even need the pepper, nutmeg or the fancy cheeses. I just use shredded cheddar. Saute the spinach just a little bit with some olive oil before you put it in. Put the spinach and cheese in the bottom and then pour the egg/cream mixture over top. For a more eggy quiche, use less heavy cream.

I'm all about a crock pot - my mom even has an itty-bitty one that's less than half the size of the regular, that might be great. Problem is, you really have to look for, and adjust, recipes to make them healthy. A lot of crock pot recipes call for sauces or cream-of, which can get pretty high up there on the fat and sodium scales. One Sunday morning of prep work and research could save you a lot of time during the week.

And, like @Zinger_bebe said, I like the Morningstar burgers as well - way better than Boca. You could also try getting some thin turkey cutlets, seasoning and throwing them on the GFgrill. Pair it with your sauteed spinach (with a little olive oil, of course, because the vitamins in spinach are fat-soluble.)

Back