OT Goodnight Irene

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Mamarazzi

Ultimate Grand Supreme '12
Cheer Parent
Mar 16, 2011
So, Hurricane Irene is supposedly headed our way and might be a nasty one. Anyone have a good Hurricane tips/ways to stay safe or pass time with no power?

Any good storm memories?

Only bad storm memories, boo. Sorry. :(Last letter "I" hurricane to hit VA - Isabel. We didn't have power for 13 days. My advice? Get a job in a bar - that's my only good memory: all the cold beer and ice I could handle from work (they were closed for no power too, but the ice machine kept the ice cold for almost the whole 2 weeks!). No real food for 2 weeks tho - just canned food served room temp.

I gotta tell you - the earthquake and another hurricane headed that way is not making it look good for me moving back there though. Put another point in Rochester's column. :p

Yeah, Isabel had us out of power for 2 weeks. And I was pregnant. And cp was 4. And it was awful.

I now have a fun little earthquake story too, I guess, but I'm betting our fierce Cali friends can beat mine, hands down!

Yeah, Isabel had us out of power for 2 weeks. And I was pregnant. And cp was 4. And it was awful.

I now have a fun little earthquake story too, I guess, but I'm betting our fierce Cali friends can beat mine, hands down!
ya mama...I remember the whittier one about 24 yrs ago...I was watching the evening news and saw the news anchor jump under his desk...I was also in the bay area one that happened during the world series....we be shakin in cali..:/

Sorry @Just-a-Mom lol I don't have any stories...don't get many hurricanes in dallas. Just the rain that comes from it! Lol we have gotten some pretty gnarly hail storms though! :eek:

Living in New Orleans, I've been through my fair share of hurricanes. With that, I can say Monopoly will be one of your best friends. Or any board game that has a long play time.

Bleh, not looking forward to when this hits. Praying it won't be as bad as they say!

The last one I remember (was alive for) was Hurricane Isabel. We had a tree fall on our chimney. I missed about a week of school because all the power lines were down. Thank god my house is on the same power grid as a hospital so were a high priority in getting the power back on.

So, Hurricane Irene is supposedly headed our way and might be a nasty one. Anyone have a good Hurricane tips/ways to stay safe or pass time with no power?

Any good storm memories?

I live in Louisiana and have been through the last couple of major storms (Andrew, Katrina, Rita, and Gustav) charge everything phone, ipod, computers. Get good books, lots of snack (Im a junk food queen), batteries, and water. Oh and fill up the gas tanks too. Good Luck

I live in Louisiana and have been through the last couple of major storms (Andrew, Katrina, Rita, and Gustav) charge everything phone, ipod, computers. Get good books, lots of snack (Im a junk food queen), batteries, and water. Oh and fill up the gas tanks too. Good Luck

My job just sent me down to Shreveport, Louisiana because of the storm. Are you near there?

For anyone worried would expect about e same rain and wind as a thunderstorm out till around I-95 on the coast. East of that it will get stronger and it looks like the eye might pass right over the outer banks and then go up the coast toward NY

Not looking forward to this....I have a headache already! I am in the hotel industry and as of 6am Friday everyone is ordered out of the city. I have to cancel 3 days of reservations and I am not going to make my rooms revenue budget for the month of August.

Back