OT Goodnight Irene

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I really hope it just misses the Cape..I will be home alone all day! Peeing my pants. And shoving my face with chips if it really ends up being that bad.

my friend was nice enough to post that picture on facebook since we live in ct. i've never experienced a hurricane before (my parents have i haven't) guess there's a 1st for everything:confused:

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

So the storm has downgraded to a category 1, however it looks like it will be staying at a category 1 when it hits New England, where as before it was only thought to be a Tropical Storm. Looks like Sunday will be the worst day for people further north. How's Virginia handling it? @Mamarazzi are you near the coast at all? North Carolina and Virginia are experiencing the storm now.

the storm has downgraded to a category 1, however it looks like it will be staying at a category 1 when it hits New England, where as before it was only thought to be a Tropical Storm. Looks like Sunday will be the worst day for people further north. How's Virginia handling it? @Mamarazzi are you near the coast at all? North Carolina and Virginia are experiencing the storm now.

We're about an hour drive from VA Beach (2 hours w/ traffic.) Right now, the winds are gusting a bit, but nothing sustained, to speak of, maybe 10-15 mph. We're expecting up to 8 inches of rain and sustained winds of about 30 mph later this afternoon. Praying for my beach friends, and for Virginia Dominion Power.

these are bringing back memories of one of the hurricanes in 2008. maybe i'll tell my story when i get more time:)

So the storm has downgraded to a category 1, however it looks like it will be staying at a category 1 when it hits New England, where as before it was only thought to be a Tropical Storm. Looks like Sunday will be the worst day for people further north. How's Virginia handling it? @Mamarazzi are you near the coast at all? North Carolina and Virginia are experiencing the storm now.

I'm with Mamarazzi in Central VA and it's just raining, raining, windy rain. If this is all we get I'm going to laugh at those people who had hurricane preparedness panic attacks. People around here are such weather panickers

Winds are gusting a bit more now. They finally cfancelled J5's practice for this afternoon ;) Still have power for now. God bless!

@arilt95 , is that for real??

Getting worse here, but not even close to being as bad as it will be. I hate the sound of hurricanes.

@arilt95 , is that for real??

Getting worse here, but not even close to being as bad as it will be. I hate the sound of hurricanes.
yep! and the sad thing is people are still on the beach! i would have packed up and drove inland. My cousins are sending me pics as we speak! i'll see if i can upload some!

Back