OT Goodnight Irene

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I thought cp was on S4?

She is, but The J5 is kinda important at our gym :) Plus, we have LOTS of friends (and parents) that are team members. And I'm really glad they cancelled!

I survived Hurricane Hugo when I was about 3. We'd just moved back to SC a week or two before from Columbus OH. Its one of my first memories...chilling in the hallway..then getting under some blankets...tree fell on the roof...power was out for a few days...It was hot...and the day after was really pretty (aside from the downed trees)

In middle school (or maybe 9th grade) Hurricane Floyd "came"....We had hurricane drills (because apparently hurricanes sneak up on people that quickly and we wouldve been at school when it came) and we had to have hurricane buddies (i.e. if Floyd came we had to go search for that friend). We got two days off of school and Floyd never came.

tweeted by alli purvis from miami!
ekny1w.jpg

Everyone please stay safe! praying for all <3
I'm honestly more concerned about why this girl(and ALL these people?)is/are at the beach during a hurricane :confused:

icequeen said:
No I live in (Tiger Country) Baton Rouge which is about 4 hours from Shreveport. Enjoy your stay and get some good cajun food.

Hey neighbor

Just-a-Mom said:
Um...my "significant other" lives in Shreveport! He'd be a great tour guide - he's lived there for 20 years. :)

I sent the shark to the rebel gym at Louisiana Cheernastics.

(How come I'm just now seeing this thread??)

live2cheer10 said:
I'm honestly more concerned about why this girl(and ALL these people?)is/are at the beach during a hurricane :confused:

Because people on the southern coast are about as apathetic to hurricanes as people in Cali are to earthquakes.

I sent the shark to the rebel gym at Louisiana Cheernastics.

(How come I'm just now seeing this thread??)

I had fun visiting there. It'll be fun to follow the Rebels season this year.

SharkDad said:
I had fun visiting there. It'll be fun to follow the Rebels season this year.

I'm so glad you went! Those are some of the nicest people I've ever met. They love what they do and they're gym has great character. They stumbled a bit last year with their worlds team but they've been a consistently good, high-level program for many years.

Because people on the southern coast are about as apathetic to hurricanes as people in Cali are to earthquakes.
You guys still go to the beach in the rain? Haha. I'm such a northeast girl

No one eats my casserole.
You guys still go to the beach in the rain? Haha. I'm such a northeast girl
haha god catch mama! I'm usually better at making casserole.
I don't go anywhere in a hurricane (except waffle house bc they'll stay open even when the wal mart shuts down) but yes, there are a lot of people that go to the beach to experience the weather. They look like they were surprised by the weather though.

Latest posts

Back