OT Grad School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I didn't have to take the GRE for my program. I will have my Masters in Contemporary Communications in May. The school is well respected.

This is probably a really stupid question so bare with me. Are all grad schools very hard to get into? Like how some undergrad schools are fairly easy to get into and some are more difficult.. I'm on the fence about grad school right now, mainly because I don't think I'll stand a chance at getting in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that it really depends on what program you are looking to go in to. There are probably some that are somewhat "easier" to get into, but a lot are very competitive. You won't know unless you try :)

This is probably a really stupid question so bare with me. Are all grad schools very hard to get into? Like how some undergrad schools are fairly easy to get into and some are more difficult.. I'm on the fence about grad school right now, mainly because I don't think I'll stand a chance at getting in lol

not stupid! it definitely depends on the type of program you're looking at. I have A LOT of friends who are in masters programs for education, social work, psych or accounting/business. just about all of them got in to all of the schools they applied to. (most were average to above average students, I'd say.) OT/PT/PA programs? MUCH harder to get into. In proportion with other programs, not many schools offer those three programs and the ones that do have a very limited number of seats (like 30-50 per incoming class) and hundreds, if not thousands, of applicants for those few spots.

I think that it really depends on what program you are looking to go in to. There are probably some that are somewhat "easier" to get into, but a lot are very competitive. You won't know unless you try :)
not stupid! it definitely depends on the type of program you're looking at. I have A LOT of friends who are in masters programs for education, social work, psych or accounting/business. just about all of them got in to all of the schools they applied to. (most were average to above average students, I'd say.) OT/PT/PA programs? MUCH harder to get into. In proportion with other programs, not many schools offer those three programs and the ones that do have a very limited number of seats (like 30-50 per incoming class) and hundreds, if not thousands, of applicants for those few spots.
Thanks guys! This was all really helpful :) I'm a 2nd year psych major- and if I am to go to grad school it will be for either counseling or child psychology :) just going to try and get my GPA up, hopefully get some good contacts and see where it gets me hahah. Can't hurt to try!

Thanks guys! This was all really helpful :) I'm a 2nd year psych major- and if I am to go to grad school it will be for either counseling or child psychology :) just going to try and get my GPA up, hopefully get some good contacts and see where it gets me hahah. Can't hurt to try!

I'm a Junior Psych major, and I would definitely recommend doing research if you can!! At least at my university, you have to have a faculty sponsor so you get pretty close to them over the semester. I know several of my friends are getting their letters of recommendation from the professor they did research with. :)

I'm a Junior Psych major, and I would definitely recommend doing research if you can!! At least at my university, you have to have a faculty sponsor so you get pretty close to them over the semester. I know several of my friends are getting their letters of recommendation from the professor they did research with. :)
Yes!!! That's def in my plan :) thanks!!

I have about a year before Grad School but from talking to the admissions of my desired school they put the most weight in 3 categories:

1. Time spent in the field whether paid or volunteer (I also have to an internships in the fall so that will help).
2. Letters of rec
3. GPA

I'll be in grad school for Clinical Psychology. And if it helps any, I'll be a transfer in so my BA is coming from a different university.

Back