OT Graduation Caps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
We bought our caps and gowns and we weren't allowed to decorate them either. We weren't even allowed to change our tassel out for one of the ones that came in our senior package. Everyone had to look the same.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I went to a teeny tiny private school and we weren't given our caps until the day of to prevent anyone trying to decorate and stand out. But at my college it's very common. Here's some of the ones my sisters made:

o5dlxu.png

149qdzt.png

atw45e.png

2i8vpyp.png

292205u.png

I personally didn't because I am not crafty at all, but it was big at my school. (college, we weren't allowed to in HS)
They make a facebook album of the best ones every semester. Here's an example from the May 13 commencements.

Caps of Commencement May 2013 | Facebook

"I'm proud of my B.S." is my favorite cap :D
They must not have included any in that album, but my favorites were the ones that said HIRE ME? with legitimate contact information, haha

I also remember the girl beside me in the ceremony had a birds next on hers complete with fake bird.

it's more common for colleges. My gf graduated this year & had no idea what to do with her cap so I made her a little purple bow to match her tassel. My sister just graduated high school & told me they were allowed to decorate their caps, but she didn't feel like it (even after I offered my fully loaded craft bins & to help). More kids in her class had blank caps than decorated ones, so i'm guessing it's not as big a deal in some places than others. I went to the beach the other day & there was a store that had a big sign that said "GET YOUR GRAD CAPS AIRBRUSHED HERE". I've seen airbrushing available at other places too. I think the hand made ones are way better. I remember seeing the movie Can't Hardly Wait a million years ago & one graduate wrote "hi mom" on his cap with masking tape. I became obsessed & wanted to do the same thing when I graduated high school, but we weren't allowed.

My big idea for when I graduate college is to write "I OWE $[insert amount here] IN LOANS" on my cap. Nothing like making people feel uncomfortable about the truth when you've got the spotlight.

My big idea for when I graduate college is to write "I OWE $[insert amount here] IN LOANS" on my cap. Nothing like making people feel uncomfortable about the truth when you've got the spotlight.

If I would have decorated, I totally would have done this. haha

Back