Guide To Perfect Toetouches

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 23, 2010
So i'm looking for the proper way of teaching perfect toetouches...what do i have to focus on and how do i teach the Girls the perfect technique? Any drills or something? Right now i'm trying to teach them not to bend their knees when landing and pointing their toes, but they are having huge problems with snapping their legs down...
I'm thankful for every advice i can get!:)

So by the way you talked about them they don't seem quite experienced with cheering. I would go about it with (don't laugh) having them do t-jumps until they have the perfect form, then have them do little spread eagle jumps. Clasp your hands in front and continually do spread eagles and have them focus on point their toes the second they get off the ground and once they hit it snap down as fast as they can! And of course have them do leg lifts with ankle weights, and if they really aren't that great at toetouches, hopefully the more they do the better they get. And snap downs with ankle weights always help too with the snap down part of the toetouch, just make sure they keep their arms in a tight t the ENTIRE time and snap down as fast as they can. Push them really hard to snap down fast in these! They help A LOT.

So by the way you talked about them they don't seem quite experienced with cheering. I would go about it with (don't laugh) having them do t-jumps until they have the perfect form, then have them do little spread eagle jumps. Clasp your hands in front and continually do spread eagles and have them focus on point their toes the second they get off the ground and once they hit it snap down as fast as they can! And of course have them do leg lifts with ankle weights, and if they really aren't that great at toetouches, hopefully the more they do the better they get. And snap downs with ankle weights always help too with the snap down part of the toetouch, just make sure they keep their arms in a tight t the ENTIRE time and snap down as fast as they can. Push them really hard to snap down fast in these! They help A LOT.

Well they are experienced and they can jump but they never learned the proper technique so their legs are always bent when they snap them down, and thats mainly what i want to change. Thanks for your advice with the spread eagles and ankle weights i'm gonna try that at practise tomorrow

tell them to squeeze their legs really tight when they jump and focus on keeping them straight and snapping them down fast. If it helps, tell them to do a lower jump and focus on the snap down. Just gotta break those habits!

When I think of getting my legs up I think to try and pull the tops of my ankles to the ceiling then snap them back down together. And for arm placement I think Low-V because if I think T it will be a High-T lol :)

snapping the legs down again is the hardest part, we are all kinda good with getting those legs straight up but almost everyone bends them when snapping them down -,- really frustrating but we are working hard on stopping this bad habit

keep your chest up, get lots of power through your legs, do sharp high V's, clap etc before you jump (looks cleaner) , and stretch middle splits alot.

Back