All-Star Gym Owners Refusing To Sign Release... Appeal Process?..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Anyone want to help me come up with an appeals process for gym closings ONLY? How about we start with something we can all agree on, and those who want to go further can :D
A gym closing release is a no brainer. If the gym closes then the release should be automatic.

I need people who have experienced a gym closing/merger, as I don't know what it entails (which means I don't know what 'evidence' might be gathered as proof). Might make a separate thread.

A gym closing release is a no brainer. If the gym closes then the release should be automatic.
I think some people have gotten stuck where a gym owner said they were 'closing' but still offering classes and wouldn't sign a release. Since it's not officially listed in the release rules, I want it in there so it's one less confusion people can hide behind. Also if an owner closes one gym and opens another, could they argue you still need a release?

I need people who have experienced a gym closing/merger, as I don't know what it entails (which means I don't know what 'evidence' might be gathered as proof). Might make a separate thread.

I think some people have gotten stuck where a gym owner said they were 'closing' but still offering classes and wouldn't sign a release. Since it's not officially listed in the release rules, I want it in there so it's one less confusion people can hide behind. Also if an owner closes one gym and opens another, could they argue you still need a release?
good point. I have some ideas in back of my head. Let me see if I can shake them loose and send them your way.

What if one of the reason the gym closes is do to the members owe money? Should it be automatic? Travel, Fees, Cmap Etc..

What if one of the reason the gym closes is do to the members owe money? Should it be automatic? Travel, Fees, Cmap Etc..
not sure a company that no longer exists can collect revenue. Financial obligation is a definite concern, but at same time have experienced gym owners trying to collect more than what is owed by a former member.

not sure a company that no longer exists can collect revenue. Financial obligation is a definite concern, but at same time have experienced gym owners trying to collect more than what is owed by a former member.

Absolutely they can. Account receivables still can be collected if a company closes by the company. The Debt, Assets and Receivables can even be sold to a new owner with the business as well as the customers (if they choose to stay) or to a collection company that will have a field day with them. They can buy the receivable accounts for a fraction of the amount owed and collect on the balance plus fees and can still collect on it.

Absolutely they can. Account receivables still can be collected if a company closes by the company. The Debt, Assets and Receivables can even be sold to a new owner with the business as well as the customers (if they choose to stay) or to a collection company that will have a field day with them. They can buy the receivable accounts for a fraction of the amount owed and collect on the balance plus fees and can still collect on it.
okay, you got me. I was rash in my reply. I agree finances need to be accounted for but at same time I know owners who try tacking on extra money after someone leaves or collecting for services never rendered.

okay, you got me. I was rash in my reply. I agree finances need to be accounted for but at same time I know owners who try tacking on extra money after someone leaves or collecting for services never rendered.

You and me both.. Fees for the fees...

Please include what could be accepted as supporting evidence.

Supporting evidence that it closed? Would the communication you received from the gym be enough? (an email, text, tweet, facebook status, flier on the door, locks on the gym) not trying to be funny.

Supporting evidence that it closed? Would the communication you received from the gym be enough? (an email, text, tweet, facebook status, flier on the door, locks on the gym) not trying to be funny.

Do you think that should be considered enough? Or do you think if that was written in the proposal to create an appeals process and taken to the board of directors they would think it's enough?

I'm also expecting people to add more reasons someone that should be considered in an appeal and those would need some sort of evidence.

The plan is for you guys to write a proposal. If it makes sense, regardless of if I agree with it, I'll get in in Jim's hands. From there I'm sure he'll get it to whoever could implement if it meets his requirements.

For all the appeals people, Andre is trying to make the point that things aren't always as easy as you like to make them. And I think he's doing a wonderful job of it.

I've said before that its not a perfect rule but it has 100% accomplished what it was designed to do.

Making an appeals adjustment is hard and this illustrates it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || It's real and it's spectacular!

Do you think that should be considered enough? Or do you think if that was written in the proposal to create an appeals process and taken to the board of directors they would think it's enough?

I'm also expecting people to add more reasons someone that should be considered in an appeal and those would need some sort of evidence.

The plan is for you guys to write a proposal. If it makes sense, regardless of if I agree with it, I'll get in in Jim's hands. From there I'm sure he'll get it to whoever could implement if it meets his requirements.

I see a set up... lol

From experience this process is not as easy as everyone thinks... and would need to be vetted from both sides. I can guarantee that as much as this ruling has been picked apart for the past 2 years by a very small amount of people, as it has affected a very few people, the masses, the majority that agree with the ruling are going insist on a thorough vetting of any proposal.

Not to sound like a nerd, "but the needs of the many far outweigh the needs of a few"...

Back