All-Star Gyms Close Together

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How many gyms are within one hour of you?

• Total voters
Jun 23, 2011
I'm just curious on how many cheer gyms are in your area? Some people say their isn't any for hours but for me, theirs SIX in my county alone! (Three are even within walking distance of each other :confused:) Also EIGHT more within an hour & 15 minutes!
If in your area there are a lot, are these gyms usually rivals?
How do you pick the right gym for you if they're all very similar? (levels, competitions, pricing)
How many are within an hour of you?
Do you believe most gyms just open gyms close to others to take their athletes?

Thanks for your time!

Within an hour there are 7 gyms, out of those I'd honestly say 3-4 are more... quality gyms (a range of ages and levels). 3 of those are in the same city (ACX included) and could be considered rivals, though one of them seems to beat the others everytime :rolleyes:

Southern California is insane. California Allstars, Cheerforce, PCM, Intensity (right down the street from PCM), OC Allstars, Fierce, and Stealth are all prett much within an hour (give or take a few minutes) of one another. It's ridiculous.
Jeez.. That would be a tough decision! I've always been told it's always been over-populated with gyms in cali! But I guess that's also a good thing!

I can only Think of three in my county... But only 1 goes to larger comps (worlds, cheersport. Etc) the others compete at competitions that are a lot smaller and always win and try to rub it in the larger gyms face... (Even if no one is in their division..)
Hahahahah! Seems to be the theme in some gyms near me :rolleyes:

It's crazy in California especially because California All Stars, PCM and Cheerforce all have multiple locations and all locations are within an hour.. In just southern California their are 18 gyms - CALI (3) PCM (4) OC/FIERCE (2) ENERGIE (1) INTENSITY (1) CHEERFORCE (3) CALIFORNIA FLYERS (1) SCV (1) DESERT VALLEY MAVERICKS (1) SPIRIT (1) I might even be missing a few smaller gyms... you'll never have a hard time finding a gym in California... Even in Nor Cal their are several gyms - CALI, POWER, CHEERGYMS just to name a few...

It's crazy in California especially because California All Stars, PCM and Cheerforce all have multiple locations and all locations are within an hour.. In just southern California their are 18 gyms - CALI (3) PCM (4) OC/FIERCE (2) ENERGIE (1) INTENSITY (1) CHEERFORCE (3) CALIFORNIA FLYERS (1) SCV (1) DESERT VALLEY MAVERICKS (1) SPIRIT (1) I might even be missing a few smaller gyms... you'll never have a hard time finding a gym in California... Even in Nor Cal their are several gyms - CALI, POWER, CHEERGYMS just to name a few...
doesnt fierce still have Signal Hill and High Desert?

The below gyms are within 1 hour of me driving....
* Denotes a Level 5 Program within the past year or two

*Ultimate Athletics
*ICE
*Cheer Command
Five Star Cheer Academy
*X-Force
Allstar Athletics
DreamZ Elite
*Allstar Rebels
Chicago Xplosion
*Layton Athletics
*Cheer Envy
Fire House Athletics
Flying High Cheer Galaxy
*Legendary Premiere
Naperville Elite
*Team Illinois
*Cheer Alliance
*Cheer Illinois Athletics (CIA)
Twisters Elite
*5-Star Elite

So much talent in Illinois....

Columbia, SC is PACKED with allstar teams, mostly small ones. ACX is the biggest in Columbia so I'd say they have no rivals in this part of the state since most gyms don't have higher levels. I picked my gym because it was closer to where I lived and since I didn't have my license then, my mom refused to drive me to a gym that was more than 20 mins away. I also picked it because we went to (and won a few;)) large comps for a small gym, Spirit of Hope, Cheersport, Clash of the Titans. Within an hour, I'd say...8? Some programs rent the same gymnastics gym so I'm not even sure if some still exist this season. I think in some cases and in more competitive areas, popular gyms will open up a gym to take athletes. An athlete might not be happy at their current gym but isn't willing to leave for a small gym but if a big name gym with the promise of higher levels opens up near by, they might trust them by their name and wins at their other locations.

Southern California is insane. California Allstars, Cheerforce, PCM, Intensity (right down the street from PCM), OC Allstars, Fierce, and Stealth are all prett much within an hour (give or take a few minutes) of one another. It's ridiculous.

I'm from socal and there is maybe 1 gym within an hour if me! I guess it just depends on where you live

Back