OT Help With Eczema?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I also suffer with it.... I feel like a leper sometimes! Neosporin just came out with a full product line for eczema and I have been using the cream and it does seem to be helping! It is over the counter so it makes me less worried about the long term effects.
I agree that the hot water, stress, chlorine, dryness of the winter are the main triggers for me. I avoid using any type of soap on the effected areas and lubing up right after a shower.
I also find natural sunlight and going in the ocean seem to help! I guess I just need to move to a tropical island!

My mother just told me about oatmeal in a calico washbag. Anyone tried that before? Or is she being a little nutso... love her to bits but she loves weird things. She sent me silk cocoons in the post the other day, apparently you put them on your finger tips and massage your face and you end up beeeyoootiful!

I suffer from eczema too (although from the sound of it mine isn't as bad as yours). I use an ointment called Eumovate which I apply if I get a patch of eczema and it's really effective and stops the itching :) I don't know know if it's sold in the US or Australia though. This is what the box looks like;
28hing8.jpg

I'm trying to google if the ointment cupieqt suggested is available in the UK, but the search results are confusing :confused:

ETA: The picture's huge, sorry :oops:

Back