Help With My Lib?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 7, 2013
well it's getting there, but i'm still having trouble. i have hyper extended knees and my coach thinks that's the problem and she may be right. i can do it with a hyper extended knee of a can of pineapples but it's harder when i'm actually doing it in the air. i haven't tried this yet but i heard if you push your big toe against the top of your shoe that helps, is it true? also are there other less expensive things like that "cheer balance" thing i can use? i can't pay that much for it. thanks for help in advanced:)

What the issue with the libs? They're just not steady? Your knee should be locked, even if it's hyper-extended. It helps with weight on the bases and for them to balance you. Pointing your toe to the top of your shoe controls your balance, same as spreading your toe in your shoe. I hope that helps, there's not much that can be said until I know the issue with the lib. Good luck!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

You seem to have the right idea. Aside from physical corrections, make sure you are confident during each and every attempt. If you expect it to hit...it probably will! :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My flyer has the exact same thing with her knees! You just have to focus even more on staying tight, and just squeeze your abs the entire time. And talk to you stunt group so you bases can maybe turn the foot a certain way so the knee doesn't turn out as much

I find that strong libs are more about the approach than the actual skill. Make sure you stand fast and really push off of your bases shoulders. You want to bring your leg directly to a table top position with your foot 'glued' to your inner leg. Once your up there, just squeeze and lift up with your chest. Also, try to stand on the ball of your foot. It's better to have your foot slightly pointed than to lean on your heal! Hope this helps!

Back