All-Star How Can It Be Considered A "states" Competition??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Exactly! It's not bad business if the objective of this EP is to provide a good competition experience to some "division 2" teams (to use an NCAA analogy.). Nothing wrong with a gym wanting to not compete against CEA.

And the naming of events is consistently inconsistent across the board. I never take into consideration if it is a "state" or "national" competition because I know those designations are rarely accurate.
However, it IS bad business if it's not just excluding 'elite' gyms, just ONE gym. Particularly if you say 'Yes' and then cave to pressure..

I can understand not wanting to go to certain events so your teams don't get clobbered to SOME extent (I would never have gone with my Open 6 team to NCA- we had such sporadic attendance it would have been a DISASTER)..but there should be limits.

This is all assuming that there were really gyms that were refusing to attend because CEA was scheduled to go. The vast majority of gyms in the NC area have & do compete against CEA. I don't think there is a soul on the planet that will deny that their level 5 teams are amazing. However, those specific teams have little competition locally, and the gyms that do have teams in those divisions know that they will go against CEA at some point. The non-level 5 teams... well..... Courtney said herself that they aren't competitive in their division until the end of the season, and from what I have seen this is mostly true. That's not to say ALL of the level 1-4 teams aren't competitive, but for the most part they aren't. She stated that her philosophy is that they are more into individual development versus the team as a whole, and if her parents are satisfied with that, I won't begrudge them.

There is however, the belief that there is/was active recruiting going on by CEA is very alive in the NC area. I am not going to get in a pissing contest about whether it is true or not- we all know that will go NOWHERE and just start a big fight. I believe that if there were gyms that were refusing to compete if CEA would be there, it wasn't so much out of intimidation, and was more to do with the fact that gyms are tired of dealing with their higher level athletes are being "recruited". Whether it's true or not, I have no idea, but that is the perception among many owners & coaches from multiple programs.

Does anyone know the REAL reason CEA was turned away or is this a speculation thread? There is his side and there is her side. But the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The only thing I will say is that CAC did not prevent them from coming. These issues between Universal Spirit and CEA started years ago, well before there were any problems in the area between gyms. The EP version is very different than what is written here but they can post that if they choose.

The only thing I will say is that CAC did not prevent them from coming. These issues between Universal Spirit and CEA started years ago, well before there were any problems in the area between gyms. The EP version is very different than what is written here but they can post that if they choose.

How do you know?

index.php

Does anyone know the REAL reason CEA was turned away or is this a speculation thread? There is his side and there is her side. But the truth is somewhere in the middle.
Yep, I know the entire story and it's NOBODY'S BUSINESS what the truth is because this story doesn't have to with us. I've spoken with both parties directly about the situation and I STILL don't feel like it's my business to get on the boards and engage in a conversation about it.

Let CEA and Universal Spirit wage their own battles and the rest of us can go back to focusing on our own To Do list. I don't know about you, but I have enough drama in my life that I don't need to develop an opinion about someone else's.

The opportunity for education and enlightentment here is gone. All that's left in this thread is gossip, insults, and name calling. We can do that over on Twitter...

This is all assuming that there were really gyms that were refusing to attend because CEA was scheduled to go. The vast majority of gyms in the NC area have & do compete against CEA. I don't think there is a soul on the planet that will deny that their level 5 teams are amazing. However, those specific teams have little competition locally, and the gyms that do have teams in those divisions know that they will go against CEA at some point. The non-level 5 teams... well..... Courtney said herself that they aren't competitive in their division until the end of the season, and from what I have seen this is mostly true. That's not to say ALL of the level 1-4 teams aren't competitive, but for the most part they aren't. She stated that her philosophy is that they are more into individual development versus the team as a whole, and if her parents are satisfied with that, I won't begrudge them.

There is however, the belief that there is/was active recruiting going on by CEA is very alive in the NC area. I am not going to get in a pissing contest about whether it is true or not- we all know that will go NOWHERE and just start a big fight. I believe that if there were gyms that were refusing to compete if CEA would be there, it wasn't so much out of intimidation, and was more to do with the fact that gyms are tired of dealing with their higher level athletes are being "recruited". Whether it's true or not, I have no idea, but that is the perception among many owners & coaches from multiple programs.

I just don't think CSP has the time to recruit, I really don't. And I am around her quite a bit. Do kids leave for CEA? Yep, all the time. Wanna meet our biggest recruiter? Here is a picture:

AtJIhXKCQAAkgvS.jpg:large

Kids always tell us: "I want to be on that team that everyone sprints over to watch at competitions". There are not many options for that kind of team in NC.... I just think that it is the pull of the successful gym more than any contact from coaches.

And I'll also add, if its newbie cheer clientele the small, non competitive gyms may not want to introduce their clients to Elite programs. We started our cheer career with the janktastic Allstars and thought we were the %#*! Because we didn't know elite gyms existed...we'd never seen one. We won all the backyard competitions and id never even heard of cheersport nationals (only a quick 4 hr drive) and we thought we "knew" cheer. We traveled to augusta georgia to compete...in a high school gym. I remember seeing a team from CEA kernersville once or twice and knew if they were there the best we'd do is second place. I saw Charlotte once in three years but they were not in our division so it didn't register.

It may behoove those gyms to keep parents like us uneducated...because as soon as we saw what it could be and had the wake up call that we were nothing more than a stout rec program....we left...and so did approximately 75% of that gym when the new one (promising and delivering a team that could compete with the elite gyms) opened up about 20 minutes away.
Hey I know that place "Janktastic All-Stars"! They have won 337 nationals and never even left the tri-state area! That is talent. :confused:

I would really love to know EXACTLY where it is you get your information? #justsayin'

Latest posts

Back